Dinner just got a whole lot easier and more delicious with this Skinny Lasagna Skillet recipe. A one pan pasta dish full of whole wheat pasta, ground turkey, and tomato sauce, all topped with melted cheese.
Skinny Lasagna Skillet
This dinner option is a real winner at our home. The entire family loves it and I love the fact that it is so easy to make and doesn’t require a ton of dishes to deal with afterward. The best part is its made with turkey instead of red meat which makes it leaner and healthier.
Finding a recipe my kids will eat is usually a challenge and they even love this Skinny Lasagna Skillet meal. It is all the great taste like a regular lasagna without all the baking time and dishes required.
My kids love anything pasta and they were thrilled when I made them this Skinny Lasagna Skillet dish. At some point, they wanted it every other day until they actually got tired of having it for dinner. So we then move on to the next best recipe they absolutely love. Do your kids do that too? Or even as an adult, you find a recipe you love and you prepare it so many times until you’ve had enough!
I’ve got some popular recipes you might like to check out:
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Skinny Lasagna Skillet delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Skinny Lasagna Skillet Recipe:
Skinny Lasagna Skillet
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 ½ cups uncooked whole wheat pasta any short shape will work
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add the ground turkey and season with salt and pepper to taste and the Italian seasoning.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until turkey is cooked through, using a spatula to break up the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the pasta, marinara sauce and water to the pan. Simmer for 11-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Preheat the broiler
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the pasta and place under the broiler. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with parsley and serve.