Just like the candy bar but much, much better for you, Almond Joy Overnight Oats are so easy to make! Loaded with oats, coconut milk, yogurt, and honey, and topped with crushed almonds, coconut flakes, and a little dark chocolate, this simple healthy breakfast recipe tastes like a treat!
Are you looking for a healthy version of Almond Joys that is filling and perfect for breakfast? This. Is. It! Almond Joy Overnight Oats are chocolatey, nutty, sweet, and creamy. This is one of my all-time favorite overnight oats recipes. It is so satisfying.
Not only is this easy overnight oats recipe super tasty, but it’s also so easy to prep as well! All you have to do is mix up the oat base, add the toppings and allow it to soak overnight in the fridge, or for at least 4 hours if you just can’t wait.
I like to quadruple this recipe when I make it so that I have it on hand for several breakfasts. Whether I get to enjoy these Almond Joy Overnight Oats over 4 days or the kids get to them first is another story! They’re made with wholesome ingredients like oat, honey, coconut milk, coconut yogurt, crushed almonds, and a little dark chocolate, so it’s great if the kids want to grab one of these instead of a candy bar after school or dinner.
Why You will love this recipe
- Easy prep: I love how easy this recipe is to throw together! All you have to do is combine all of the oat base ingredients, add them to a jar along with the toppings, seal the jar, and pop it in the fridge overnight. It’s so simple!
- Quick to make: I whipped these Almond Joy Overnight Oats up in less than 10 minutes. The hardest part is waiting for the oatmeal to soften up!
- Healthy: Oats are so good for you! They’re loaded with fiber to keep you full, and I added nuts and dark chocolate on top to get those almond joy vibes. It’s just like the candy without the guilt!
- Texture: The oat base is soft and creamy and the toppings add an amazing crunch throughout the oats. It is addictive!
- Flavor: This tastes just like the candy bar in oatmeal form. It’s sweet, chocolatey, and nutty. All of the good things!
Ingredients for the best Almond Joy overnight oats Recipe
- Oats: Old fashioned rolled oats are perfect for this recipe, however, steel-cut or quick oatmeal would also work, it just may have less of a chunky texture.
- Coconut milk: I used coconut milk from a carton rather than a can. It’s a little thinner so the oatmeal absorbs the moisture easier. It still has a delicious, rich, coconut taste!
- Coconut yogurt: To add extra coconut flavor plus creaminess and a little tanginess I mixed in coconut yogurt. Greek yogurt would be an excellent substitute.
- Honey: Just to make it a little sweeter I opted for a little honey. For a vegan-friendly version, add in maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract is so delicious to add to your overnight oatmeal! It really brings out the sweetness and warmth of the other ingredients.
Almond Joy Overnight Oats Topping:
- Almonds: Chopped almonds add crunch and that delicious nutty almond taste of almond joy!
- Chocolate: I added just one square of dark chocolate to keep it healthy! It goes really far when it’s chopped up.
- Coconut flakes: Rather than using desiccated coconut I chose coconut flakes which are bigger and have a bit of crunch to them. You could easily substitute it for desiccated coconut if that’s what you have on hand!
How to Make Almond Joy Overnight Oats
1. In a small jar, mix well all the ingredients for the oat base.
2. Add toppings (chocolate, coconut flakes, and chopped almonds) and then cover the jar and refrigerate it for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Just before serving, stir to combine.
Tips for success
- Overnight oats will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store them in an airtight container for best results.
- This Almond Joy Overnight Oats recipe is perfect for meal prep! I like to quadruple the recipe and store each portion in separate jars to make it an easy grab-and-go breakfast option.
- Not a fan of almonds? Try peanuts, hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts instead!
- Not a fan of coconut? Add another milk of your choice along with some greek yogurt to the oat base, and top with your favorite nuts and (of course) chocolate. This recipe can be made to suit anyone!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, they are depending on what you put in them! The cooking process of just soaking the oats rather than heating them retains all of the nutrients that would usually be lost with heat. Mix in some healthy nuts, honey, dark chocolate, or fruit, and breakfast will taste like a treat even though it’s good for you!
Not only is soaking oatmeal a great way to retain its nutrients but it’s also loaded with fiber to help keep you full for longer. Prep takes about 5 minutes which is much quicker than cooking oatmeal the traditional way, and overnight oats are fully customizable. Add your favorite milk, fruits, nuts, and other toppings desired. Perfect for gluten-free and plant-based diets!
Yes! Overnight oats are a great staple to have daily for breakfast. It’s a good idea to switch up the toppings to add more variety to your diet.
More Overnight oats recipes
- Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats
- The Best Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Easy Protein Overnight Oats Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
More breakfast recipes you may like
- Berries Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bar
- Avocado Toast With Eggs
- Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Bowl
- Baked Sweet Potato Hash
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey *see note 1
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
- a handful of almonds chopped
- 1 square dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- In a small jar, mix well all the ingredients for the oat base.
- Add toppings. Cover the jar and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight.
- Just before serving, stir to combine.
- Honey: For a vegan alternative use maple syrup or agave nectar instead.
- Oats: Use old-fashioned/rolled oats. You may use gluten-free if needed.
- Any milk of choice works: use almond milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk for vegan-option
- consider adding one tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Let the oats soak for at least 4 hours if you cannot wait overnight.
- Use any topping you prefer if you do not care for almond joy.
Leave A Reply