Creamy Garlic Shrimp Skillet is packed with flavor, quick & easy to make, and great served over pasta, rice, or with a side of veggies. Can be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
Looking for a warm, comforting dish that can be made super quick? This Creamy Garlic Shrimp Skillet is super easy to make, yet elevated enough for a special occasion or serving guests.
In this recipe, shrimp is combined with sautéed garlic and sweet mini peppers in a creamy sauce made with cream cheese and parmesan cheese. This seafood skillet tastes absolutely amazing and pairs well with a variety of sides.
Why you should make this recipe
- Quick & easy: There are only a few steps to get this creamy garlic shrimp on the table and it’s ready in a flash! As an added plus, only one pan is necessary, so clean-up is a breeze!
- Healthy: Shrimp is low-calorie, high in protein, and packed with many vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. This recipe is naturally gluten-free, low in carbs, and keto-friendly.
- So delicious: Perfectly tender shrimp nestled in a flavorful cream sauce is major comfort food. Also, it’s a tasty combination that’s always a hit!
- Olive oil: For sautéing the shrimp. Avocado oil is a good substitute.
- Shrimp: This recipe calls for 1 pound of deveined shrimp with the tails removed.
- Salt & pepper: To season the shrimp.
- Garlic: For savory flavor.
- Sweet mini peppers: Adds texture and flavor to the dish. Feel free to sub with chopped red bell pepper.
- Vegetable broth: The base of the sauce.
- Cream cheese: Makes the sauce rich and creamy.
- Parmesan cheese: Adds cheesy flavor to the sauce.
- Parsley: Adds a pop of color and freshness.
How to make this recipe
- First, Cook shrimp: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, around 3-4 minutes in total. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Next, Sauté the garlic and peppers: To the same skillet add garlic & peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until they begin to brown in spots.
- Next, Add broth: Stir in the vegetable broth and deglaze the skillet. Allow it to bubble for several minutes until the liquid is reduced by half and the peppers are just tender.
- Then, Make the cream sauce: Add the cream cheese and whisk until incorporated and a creamy sauce is formed.
- Finish the dish: Return the shrimp to the skillet and stir to coat with the sauce. Finally, top with parmesan and parsley.
- Buy shrimp that’s already been peeled and deveined to make prepping this dish effortlessly.
- Fresh or frozen shrimp will work, if you are going to use frozen shrimp, thaw it by placing it in a bowl of cool water for a few minutes.
- If you’d like to make this a bit spicy, add about 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the recipe.
- For easier melting and the best flavor, use freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Frequently asked questions
This creamy garlic shrimp pairs well with a variety of sides. We love to serve it with something starchy to sop up all of the delicious sauce. Great options are mashed potatoes, pasta, or rice. To keep the meal low carb, enjoy it with mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice. Also, a side salad and/or steamed or roasted vegetables are also good choices.
Shrimp cooks really fast and is done in about 4 minutes! Overcooked shrimp is not good, so be sure to watch it closely. It will be a grayish color when raw and will turn to an opaque whitish-pink color as it cooks. It will also curl into a loose “C” shape when fully cooked. Once it has curled into a tight “O” shape, it’s most likely overcooked.
Sauté shrimp in olive oil and add salt and pepper to season. With the addition of the creamy sauce in this recipe, extra spices are really not necessary.
Shrimp is best enjoyed immediately after cooking and this recipe is no exception. If you do have leftovers, store them in the fridge in an airtight container for about 2-3 days. Reheat the shrimp and sauce in a pan with a splash of olive oil or broth and heat until warm.
More shrimp recipes
- Spicy Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Easy Garlic Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Healthy Shrimp Scampi
- Healthy Lemon Shrimp Pasta
- Citrus Cajun Shrimp Salad
- Healthy Shrimp Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Avocado Corn Salad with Grilled Shrimp
- Mexican Shrimp Salad
Also, if you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Creamy Garlic Shrimp Skillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp deveined, and tails removed
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 cloves garlic pressed
- 8 oz sweet mini peppers chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, around 3-4 minutes in total. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To the same skillet add garlic, peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until they begin to brown in spots.
- Stir in the vegetable broth and deglaze the skillet. Allow it to bubble for several minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half, and the peppers are just tender.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until incorporated and a creamy sauce is formed.
- Return the shrimp into the skillet and stir to coat with the sauce. Top with parmesan and parsley.
Leave A Reply