This Spicy Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe is what you call a masterpiece. This salad is super easy to make, loaded with protein, filling, heavenly delicious. Tossed in with a yummy honey mustard dressing.
Spicy Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe
Making this Spicy Shrimp Avocado Salad recipe has never been more satisfying because I knew what the end result will be and I just couldn’t wait to dive in. It was so filling and tasty. I cooked some shrimps without the cayenne pepper for a couple of my kids who can’t handle any heat! The dressing turned out just perfect for this recipe. I hope you like it!
Is Shrimp good for weight loss
Shrimp is considered good for weight loss because they are high in protein and low in calories. An ounce of shrimp, which is about 4 large shrimps has about 6g of protein with 30 calories and very minimal fat. Shrimps are also a good source of vitamin D, selenium and energy-boosting B vitamins.
Can I eat shrimp if I have high cholesterol
For the longest time, I heard my family members with high cholesterol issues mention how they cant eat shrimps or eat too many shrimps. There is a large misconception about this idea. It was thought that consuming shrimps will increase levels of LDL which is also known as bad cholesterol. It has now been proven that this is not the case and that shrimps actually increases the levels of HDL which is the “good cholesterol” which in turn is good for supporting heart health! Yay. The more reason to make my Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe? Just kidding. Not really kidding.
I hope you plan to make this Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe because I really think you will love it. Please don’t forget to come back and let me know what your thoughts are in the comments below. Your feedback is really important to me and they make my day!
I have a few other Shrimp recipes for you to add to your to make list:
- Easy Sesame Ginger Shrimp Stir-fry Recipe
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles
- Shrimp Taco Bowls
- Citrus Garlic Butter Shrimps
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Spicy Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Spicy Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1 lb Raw Shrimp peeled and deveined tail-on
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper or to taste
- 4-6 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 Small Red Onion Sliced
- 1 Large Avocado Sliced
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Corn Grilled fresh or frozen/thawed
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Chives
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 3 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, season with salt and cayenne pepper and cook for about 1-2 minutes each side or until they turn pink and no longer opaque.
- In a large salad bowl, add baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, red onion, boiled eggs, corn, avocado, and cooked shrimp.
- In a mason jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Shake vigorously to emulsify.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and top with crumbled blue cheese and chives. Enjoy!