This easy Taco Dip recipe is packed full of mouthwatering Mexican flavors! It’s made with a blend of cream cheese, yogurt, feta, tomatoes, red onion, black olives, jalapeños, taco seasoning, and shredded cheese. Serve with corn chips for the ultimate appetizer at your next party.
This fresh & flavorful Taco Dip recipe is always my go-to appetizer to bring to parties, get-togethers, or game days. It’s super easy to make, travels well, and everyone loves it!
Packed with your favorite Mexican ingredients, it starts with a combination of cream cheese, yogurt, and parsley mixed with taco seasoning and feta, and is then layered with tomatoes, red onion, black olives, jalapeño, and shredded cheese. Just be sure to buy solid, sturdy tortilla chips to scoop up all of the delicious goodness!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- So delicious: This Mexican dip is colorful and festive and the flavors are incredible. You won’t be able to stop dipping chips!
- Quick & easy: This dip recipe is super easy to make and can be ready in just about 15 minutes. Plus, you can make it a few hours ahead of time and keep it chilling in the fridge until the event begins.
- A crowd favorite: Everyone will love this appetizer! It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser and an instant family favorite. If you’re hosting a large party, be sure to make a double batch – this stuff disappears quickly!
We’re making a healthier version of traditional taco dip by using a combination of protein-packed yogurt and cream cheese. This also contains lots of fresh, flavorful veggies! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Taco layer: A mixture of cream cheese, plain yogurt, taco seasoning, fresh parsley, and feta cheese provide a zesty creaminess that pairs so well with all of the fresh vegetables.
- Toppings: Over the taco layer, we’re sprinkling diced Roma tomatoes, diced red onion, sliced black olives, jalapeños (if you like a little spice), and shredded Mexican cheese.
- For serving: This dip can be served with everything from chips and crackers to veggies.
How to make this recipe
Let’s walk through the steps for making taco chip dip. It really couldn’t be easier! Here’s the simple method:
- Mix the taco layer: In a mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese, yogurt, taco seasoning, and parsley until well combined and smooth. Fold in the feta cheese, taste, and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Transfer to the serving dish: Spread the cheese mixture over a serving platter.
- Add veggies: Sprinkle with the tomatoes, red onion, olives, jalapeño, and shredded cheese.
- Serve: Enjoy with corn chips!
- Lower calories: To make this lower in calories and fat, you can use low-fat cream cheese. It may not be quite as rich and thick, but it will still be delicious.
- Soften cream cheese: Before you stir the cream cheese with the yogurt, make sure it is soft so it doesn’t get lumpy. Soften the cream cheese by letting it sit at room temperature, or microwave it in 15-second intervals.
- Taco seasoning: Love spicy food? Use hot taco seasoning for a spicy kick. You can use homemade taco seasoning or store-bought.
- Serving: Because this dip contains dairy, you’ll want to serve it straight out of the fridge. If you go over the 2-hour mark, you can always cover it and put it back in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before letting people eat it again.
Frequently asked questions
Enjoy this dip with any of the following – tortilla chips, pita chips, veggies (like carrot sticks, celery, sweet peppers, or cucumber slices), plantain chips, or crackers, or scoop some onto your favorite taco recipe!
This layered dip is similar to a 7-layer dip, which is typically made with layers of creamy taco-seasoned sour cream, guacamole, beans, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, and olives. This taco dip recipe is made with cream cheese and yogurt instead of sour cream and doesn’t contain beans or guacamole.
Most cheese will work for this dip. We love a Mexican blend, cheddar cheese, or even Colby cheese. For freshness and delicious flavor, it’s best to grate your own cheese from a block. Bags of pre-shredded cheese are often coated in anti-caking agents and contain preservatives.
For peak freshness, serve this the day that you make it. If you have any leftovers, simply cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap or add it to smaller airtight containers and place it in the refrigerator. It will stay good in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
More appetizer recipes to try
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Baked Brie with Pomegranate
- Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp
- Olive Coated Cheeseball
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- How to Make a Cheese Board
Also, if you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Taco Dip Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 8 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 4 Roma tomatoes seeds removed and diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 cup black pitted olives sliced
- 2 jalapeños sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Optional: Corn chips for serving
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese, yogurt, taco seasoning and parsley until well combined and smooth. Fold in the feta cheese, taste, and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Spread the cheese mixture over a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with the toppings: tomatoes, red onion, olives, jalapeño, and shredded cheese.
- Serve with corn chips.
Leave A Reply