This Easy Olive Coated Cheese Ball is a crowd-pleasing appetizer recipe to share with friends and family during the holiday season. Super easy to make and takes just about 15 minutes to put together. A perfect alternative to cheese boards.
A perfect no-fuss appetizer for every occasion, cheese balls make a great addition to your appetizer selection and they are guaranteed to be a crowd favorite. This Easy Cheese ball recipe is packed with flavor, made with cream cheese, mascarpone, white cheddar cheese, sliced toasted almonds, and then coated with chopped olives. They take just about 15 minutes to put together and require about an hour in the fridge to set.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE BALL
In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, cheddar cheese, sliced almonds, garlic, and herbs. Use a hand mixer to fully incorporate the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. Using a silicone spatula, bring all the cheese mixture together and tightly wrap it into a plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, place the pitted olives in a food processor and pulse a few times, until olives are small chopped.
Unwrap the cheese ball and roll it through the chopped olives. Pat the sides and top well, to ensure a full coating.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Then, place it on a serving platter and serve with crackers.
To make an easy cheese ball recipe without nuts simply skip adding the almonds.
Cheese Ball Ingredients:
1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
4 ounces mascarpone cheese
6 ounces freshly grated sharp white cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
1 cup pitted green olives
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 sprigs oregano leaves
2-3 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Crackers for serving
How to store Cheese Ball
You can refrigerate your cream cheese ball, covered in a plastic wrap for up to 3-4 days. Prior to serving just roll in the chopped olives and serve. If you have leftovers, you may place it in a container before storing it in the fridge.
What to serve with a cheese ball
They can be served with a variety of crackers, which is what people serve it with mostly. But there are other options:
- bread, like mini naan
- toasted mini bagels
- pita triangles
What to roll cheese ball in
There are so many creative coatings for your holiday cheese ball. Options seem to be endless these days, but here are a few ideas:
- Olive of course
- Dried cranberries and pecans
- A Variety of herbs
- Seeds like sesame seeds and poppy
- Bacon and jalapeno
- Chocolate chips
Can you freeze a cheese ball
To freeze a cheese ball, tightly wrap it with a plastic wrap without any of the outer coatings (whatever you plan to coat it with), then place it in a resealable freezer bag and freeze for up to one month. When ready, place in the fridge the night before.
How long is a cheeseball good for
Cheese ball lasts 3-4 days when stored properly in the fridge and up to one month in the freezer.
Making this homemade cheese ball recipe? Let me know what your thoughts are and what you plan to coat it with. We really love olives and this olive coated cheese ball was a huge winner!
Leave us some feedback in the comments below and don’t forget to pin it and share it with your friends and family.
Check out these other holiday-inspired recipes:
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
- Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Green Beans Casserole
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Olive Coasted Cheese Ball
- 8 oz Block Cream Cheese softened, 1 block
- 4 oz Mascarpone Cheese softened
- 6 oz Freshly grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- ½ Cup Sliced toasted almonds
- 1 Cup Pitted Green Olives
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 3 Sprigs Oregano Leaves picked and chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- Crackers for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, cheddar cheese, sliced almonds, garlic, and herbs; Use a hand mixer to fully incorporate the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. Using a silicone spatula, bring all the cheese mixture together and tightly wrap it into a plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place the pitted olives in a food processor and pulse a few times, until olives are small chopped.
- Unwrap the cheese ball and roll it through the chopped olives. Pat the sides and top well, to ensure a full coating.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Place the cheese ball on a serving platter and serve with crackers.