Mediterranean Chicken – This easy chicken recipe is prepared with chicken breasts flavored with garlic and fresh herbs then topped with a fresh tomato and feta relish. Low in carbs, easy to make, so flavorful and the perfect lunch or dinner recipe.
Easy Mediterranean Chicken Breast Recipe
So many ways to prepare chicken breasts and you always think of ways to come up with different recipes to keep it less boring. This Mediterranean chicken recipe is perfectly flavored with lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Then topped with a delicious Mediterranean inspired tomato relish. Serve this quick and easy chicken breast recipe with a side of asparagus, broccoli or other grilled veggies. They are also great to add to your meal prep.
How to make the tomato relish
This tomato relish is Mediterranean inspired and calls for fresh herbs such as chives, parsley and/or green onions. Using all those herbs is perfectly fine or you can choose one. Dice up tomatoes and place into a bowl, add the herbs, feta cheese, plus the fresh herbs and toss. I used Chives for this recipe. Finally, add salt and pepper to taste.
Is it ok to eat chicken daily?
It is OK to eat Chicken daily if you are cooking or preparing it the healthy way. Meaning, searing, grilling, baking, and so on. Chicken is lean meat especially if you are using chicken breasts without skin. They are low in fat and the quality of protein is great.
What temperature should chicken be cooked to
A chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (75 Celcius ). Use a digital thermomemter to determine the precise temperature. Most don’t use a thermometer but if you prefer using this method then that’s what you should be aiming for.
Making this easy Mediterranean Chicken Recipe?
I would love to get some feedback on this chicken recipe if you decide on making it. Please come back and leave me a comment below and let me know if you made any changes to this recipe. What did you serve it with? Try a side of vegetables and some quinoa. So delicious.
Here are some other quick chicken recipes you can check out:
- Kung Pao Chicken Meal Prep
- Sheet Pan Chicken And Veggies Recipe
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Easy Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
- Mexican Grilled Chicken Bowl
- Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce Recipe
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Mediterranean Chicken Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil Divided 2:1
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Herbs such as chives, parsley or green onion
- Place the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of water, salt and pepper to taste, garlic and Italian seasoning in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the chicken; seal and shake to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the pan.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until done.
- While the chicken is cooking, stir together the tomatoes, feta cheese and herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the chicken and serve.