This delicious Low Carb Pizza crust recipe is made with only 4 simple ingredients and gluten-free. So easy to make and the perfect weeknight dinner recipe everyone can enjoy without any guilt.
The best and easiest to make low carb pizza recipe. Often times referred by some as “fathead pizza” dough/crust because of the high-fat content of the cheese and almond flour. The pizza dough is made with very little ingredients and much easier than making traditional pizza crust. Enjoy this homemade pizza with friends and family without all the carbs!
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB PIZZA
- Prep Oven and pan: Preheat oven to 200/180C fan-forced and get a 32cm pizza tray or a large sheet pan to have it on hand.
- Make Dough: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese with almond meal and cream cheese. Mix to combine and microwave for 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
Immediately add in the egg and using a silicone spatula or your clean hands stir until everything comes together into a dough form. Compact the dough into a large ball.
- Spread dough: Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to a 1/4-inch thick circle. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and transfer the crust to the prepared pizza tray.
Using a fork, poke a few times to prevent bubbling.
- Add Pizza toppings: Spread pizza sauce all over the crust and top with remaining mozzarella cheese and other toppings of choice.
- Cook: Bake the pizza for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish: Remove pizza from the oven when done baking. Finally, garnish with fresh arugula or basil leaves, slice and enjoy!
LOW CARB ALMON FLOUR PIZZA CRUST INGREDIENTS
Also known as “fathead” dough, here are the ingredients you will need to make a low carb fathead pizza crust dough.
- 2 cups Grated Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Pizza Sauce
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced mushrooms, sliced olives, fresh arugula or basil leaves, to serve
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I have pizza on a low carb diet?
The quick answer to that is NO. We all know by now that the pizza toppings aren’t the issue when it comes to wondering if you can have pizza on a low carb diet. Toppings are usually the pizza sauce, cheese, and whatever veggie toppings you decide to use. There are some low sugar pizza sauce options out there as well. The key here is the crust. Regular crust as we all know is bread and high in carbs. Low carb pizza crust options are cauliflower pizza crust, or almond flour and cheese pizza dough crust which is also called a fathead dough. Our pizza crust is the perfect low carb pizza crust recipe to have on a low carb or keto diet.
Is thin cust pizza low carbs?
Thin crust pizza has few carbs than regular pizza crust. They have about 5-10 grams of fewer carbs per slice. But they aren’t low in carb and won’t be a great fit for a low carb diet.
What is fathead dough made of
Fathead dough is a type of pizza dough used for those who are on a low carb or keto diet. It is made of ingredients like mozzarella, cream cheese, eggs, and some sort of low carb flour like almond or coconut flour.
Can you reheat fathead/low carb pizza?
Yes. You may reheat your low carb pizza either in the oven or microwave. It may be easiest to pop in the microwave and reheat it for 20-30 seconds. You may also reheat in the oven which may cause it to overcook and get it to be on the dry side and crispier.
If you have read this far it means you plan on making this easy low carb pizza recipe. If you do, we hope you love it and ask that you come back and leave us some feedback. We would love to hear from you in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget to reshare this recipe on social media with your friends and family.
Here are some other easy low carb recipes to check out:
- Easy Chili Salmon Zucchini Noodles
- Greek Zucchini Moussaka
- Keto Parmesan Everything Bagels
- Healthy Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Low Carb Pizza dough Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Low Carb Pizza
- 2 Cups Grated Mozzarella divided
- ½ Cup Almond Flour (meal)
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ Cup Pizza Sauce
- Thinly sliced mushrooms, sliced olives, Fresh arugula or basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200/180C (350-375F) fan-forced and get a 32cm pizza tray or a large sheet pan to have it on hand.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese with almond meal and cream cheese.
- Mix well and microwave for 1 minute, or until cheese is melted. Immediately add in the egg and using a silicone spatula or your clean hands stir until everything comes together into a dough form.
- Compact the dough into a large ball. Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to a 1/4-inch thick circle.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and transfer the crust to the prepared pizza tray. Using a fork, poke a few times to prevent bubbling.
- Spread pizza sauce all over the crust and top with remaining mozzarella cheese and other toppings of choice.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown on the sides.
- Once the pizza is done, remove it from the oven. Garnish with fresh arugula or basil leaves, slice and enjoy!