This Homemade Protein Granola recipe is super easy to make on your own instead of buying store-bought granola. They are Protein-packed, full of oats, coconut almonds and a variety of dried fruit. They also smell so good!
Easy Homemade Protein Granola Recipe With Honey
This protein-packed granola recipe is homemade and so easy to make. It is also made with honey which can also be substituted with maple syrup if needed. The aroma from the oven while this bake will fill up your kitchen with the most delicious smell. If you prefer not to add any dried fruits to reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe, you can add more nuts like almonds and cashews. Serve this delicious granola over yogurt for a well-balnaced breakfast or you can have as cereal with some low fat or almond milk.
Is eating granola healthy for you?
What’s in your granola recipe? Did you use healthy and clean ingredients? In moderation, granola is good for you especially if they are homemade granola. Granola is high in fiber and iron. Without the dried fruits, and some added nuts into the recipe you will have some nice heart-healthy unsaturated fats in the mix.
Is granola a good breakfast?
Granola is often times recommended as part of a healthy and balanced diet regimen. Just stick to the recommended daily amount since they can be high in sugar. Especially if they are store bought. To use it as part of a well-balanced meal, add about a half cup of your homemade protein granola over some greek yogurt for added protein, calcium and minerals.
Is Greek yogurt and Granola healthy?
I would say absolutely. A serving of Greek yogurt with no added sugar topped with this protein homemade granola recipe will be a perfectly complete health and well-balanced breakfast recipe. It will be a protein-packed, filling and calcium-rich breakfast to kickstart your day on the right path.
Trying this Homemade Protein Granola Recipe?
I would love to hear about what you think of this homemade protein-packed granola recipe. Did you add protein? Also, What nuts did you use? Please leave me a comment below and let me know.
Also, I have some more breakfast recipes for you to check out:
- Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Healthy Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- Coconut Chia Pudding
- Baked Avocado Egg
- Banana Protein Pancakes
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Homemade Protein Granola Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes
Homemade Protein Granola
- 6 Cups Rolled oats
- 2 Scoops Whey Protein vanilla flavor
- 1/4 Cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1 Cup Sliced almonds
- 1 ½ Cups Mixed dried fruit (such as cranberries, apricot, and pineapple)
- ½ Cup Shaved dried coconut
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix the protein powder with ½ cup water; stir until dissolved.
- Pour the honey into the protein powder and stir until combined.
- Place the oats in a large bowl; pour the protein powder mixture over the oats.
- Pour in the coconut oil. Stir until the oats are completely coated.
- Grease a sheet pan with cooking spray and spread the oat mixture out onto the pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until oats is browned and crunchy, stirring halfway through the baking process.
- Stir in the almonds, dried fruit, and coconut. Serve or store for later use.