We love this easy and simple Mango Chia Pudding recipe that requires only 4 simple ingredients. Filling, tasty, and perfect as a snack, breakfast, or dessert.
This mango chia pudding recipe is a delightful and healthy treat that requires just four simple ingredients: chia seeds, canned coconut milk, agave, and mango. To make this delicious chia pudding recipe, start by combining the pureed mangos and coconut milk in a bowl, stirring well, and then pour in the chia seeds and continue Whisking well to ensure the seeds are evenly distributed. Next, add the agave for a touch of sweetness, adjusting the amount to suit your taste preferences. Then, add some of the diced ripe mangoes and gently fold them into the chia mixture. Allow the pudding to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight, allowing the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and create a creamy, pudding-like consistency. Serve your refreshing mango chia pudding chilled, and enjoy the tropical flavors and health benefits of this simple yet satisfying dessert.
why you will love this recipe
- Nutritional Benefits: Mango chia pudding offers a host of nutritional benefits. Chia seeds are rich in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants, which promote digestive health, heart health, and overall well-being. Mangoes are packed with vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber, providing a boost of essential nutrients like vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Easy and Quick: Making mango chia pudding is incredibly simple and requires minimal effort. With just four ingredients, you can whip up this delightful treat in no time. The preparation involves mixing chia seeds, coconut milk, agave, and mango, and then refrigerating the mixture until it reaches a pudding-like consistency.
- Versatile and Refreshing: Mango chia pudding is a versatile recipe that can be customized to suit your preferences. You can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less agave, or even substitute it with a natural sweetener of your choice. Additionally, you can experiment with different toppings, such as fresh berries, shredded coconut, or chopped nuts, to enhance the flavor and texture.
4 simple Ingredients you will need to make this chia pudding
- 1 Large ripe Mango, peeled and chopped: you may use fresh frozen mangos
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, canned and unsweetened: make sure you use the canned coconut milk and not the milk found in cartons that we drink.
- ¼ cup chia seeds: use your favorite brand
- 2 tbsp agave or honey, maple syrup also works: use any sweeteners of your choice.
Instructions on how to make this mango chia pudding
In a blender add in the chopped mango (save a small amount to garnish if preferred) and process until smooth.
Pour the pureed mango into a bowl and add the chia seeds, agave, and coconut milk.
Whisk well using a fork or a whisk until they are combined.
Cover and let it sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Uncover, mix, and place it back in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Pour into two cups, and top with fresh chopped mangos (if you saved any) or coconut flakes.
tips on making the best chia pudding
- Properly soak the chia seeds: To ensure a smooth and creamy texture in your chia pudding, it’s important to properly soak the chia seeds. Mix the seeds with the liquid (such as milk or yogurt) and let them sit for at least 15 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally. This allows the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and form a gel-like consistency.
- Use the right liquid-to-chia ratio: The ratio of liquid to chia seeds is crucial for achieving the desired consistency. A general guideline is to use a 1:4 ratio, meaning 1 part chia seeds to 4 parts liquid. However, you can adjust the ratio to your preference, depending on whether you prefer a thicker or thinner pudding. Just remember to maintain a balance to avoid a pudding that is too watery or too thick.
- Add flavor and sweetness: While chia seeds have a mild taste on their own, you can enhance the flavor of your chia pudding by adding ingredients such as vanilla extract, cocoa powder, or fruit puree. To sweeten your pudding, you can use natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar. Experiment with different flavors and sweeteners to find your favorite combination.
- Allow time for proper chilling: After mixing the ingredients, it’s essential to let the chia pudding chill in the refrigerator for a sufficient amount of time. This allows the chia seeds to fully absorb the liquid and develop a pudding-like consistency. Ideally, let it chill for at least 2-3 hours or overnight. If you find the pudding is too thick after chilling, you can thin it out with a little more liquid before serving.
frequently asked questions
Chia seeds offer several benefits such as being a rich source of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. They can support digestive health, promote heart health, and aid in weight management. Chia seeds also provide sustained energy and hydration, making them beneficial for exercise performance.
Yes, it is generally safe to eat chia pudding every day as part of a balanced diet. Chia seeds are a nutritious food that can provide various health benefits. However, it’s important to consider the overall balance of your diet and consume chia pudding in moderation. Chia seeds are high in fiber, so it’s advisable to start with smaller portions and gradually increase the amount to allow your body to adjust.
While it is safe to eat chia seeds without soaking them, soaking chia seeds before consuming them has some benefits. When soaked, chia seeds absorb liquid and form a gel-like texture, which can make them easier to digest and may enhance their nutritional benefits.
More chia puddings recipes you may like
- Cinnamon Apple Pie Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- Coconut Chia Pudding
- Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
other recipes you may enjoy
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- Strawberries and Cream Protein Overnight Oats
- Espresso Overnight Oats
- Berries Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Oatmeal Cookie Dough Bites
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes
Mango Chia Pudding
- 1 large Ripe Mango peeled and chopped
- 1 cup canned coconut milk canned and unsweetened
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp agave or honey maple syrup also works
- In a blender add in the chopped mango (save a small amount to garnish if preferred) and process until smooth
- Pour the pureed mango into a bowl and add the chia seeds, agave, and coconut milk.
- Whisk well using a fork or a whisk until they are combined.
- Cover and let it sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Uncover, mix, and place it back in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Pour into two cups, and top with fresh chopped mangos (if you saved any) or coconut flakes.
- Use canned coconut milk, you may use lite
- Fresh or frozen mangos will work
- Store in a lidded jar in the fridge for up to 5 days