These Healthy Blueberry Breakfast Bars are easy to make, nutritious, and bursting with juicy blueberries. A delicious healthy breakfast recipe that the whole family will enjoy. Perfect as a snack option.
Easy to make Healthy Blueberry Breakfast Bars
These breakfast bars are so delicious they are quite addicting and hard to stop at one serving. They are easy to make and the aroma in your kitchen, while these are baking, will make your tummy grumble. This blueberry bars recipe is made using gluten-free flour, fresh blueberries, and other healthy ingredients to make your breakfast a guilt-free treat. They are fine to enjoy the next day when cold as well. Especially if you are having a busy morning and you just want to grab and go.
Are breakfast bars healthy?
Breakfast bars are considered a healthy grab and go breakfast option in the morning. Even though some of the store-bought bars are being marketed off as being healthy, pay close attention to the label in the back for hidden ingredients like added sugar. Not all bars are quite healthy for you. Also, making your own bars at home ensures that they are made healthy with no added sugars and such. Making something like these Blueberry Breakfast Bars will be an ideal breakfast on the go.
How to store these bars?
You can store these breakfast bars in an airtight container when cooled off. They are good for 3-4 days on your kitchen counter at room temperature and lasts for 7-10 if stored in the refrigerator.
Making this recipe?
I would love to know if you made these blueberry breakfast bars. Leave me a comment below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram so I can see you remake and share it.
Always have a sweet tooth, I have loads of healthy desserts. Here are a few below:
- Strawberry and Cream Smoothie Recipe
- Easy Coconut Chia Pudding
- Healthy Protein Brownies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Almond Butter Fudge
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Blueberry Breakfast Bars delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Healthy Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- 1 ¼ Cup Gluten-free baking flour
- ½ Cup Erythritol or Granulated Sweetener Truvia
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Cold Butter cubed
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 ¼ Cup Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- First, prepare the filling by placing the ingredients into a small pan over low-medium heat. Stir until no white spots from the tapioca flour remain.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until blueberries is tender. Use a fork to smash the blueberries and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 6x6 inch pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a bowl, stir together the baking flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Add in the butter and use a pastry cutter to blend together until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Mix in the egg until a dough starts to form. Press 3/4 of the dough into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Top with the blueberry mixture. Drop pieces of the remaining dough over the blueberry filling and baking for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before cutting into squares and serving.