These Breakfast Egg Muffins is not only easy to make delicious, its protein packed and makes a great on-the-go breakfast option for those busy mornings. A great way to add veggies to your breakfast.
Easy Breakfast Egg Muffins
There are different ways to make these egg muffins. The quickest and easiest to add all ingredients in a bowl and mix mix mix. Then pour into muffin molds and pop in the oven. They are very easy to make. You can add whatever veggies you like to the mix. For those who eat bacon, you can add bacon bits to this. If you know me and read some of my blogs you will know I don’t pork for religious reasons. You can also use more egg whites than yolks. Feel free to take out 6 Yolks and add 2- 3 more egg whites
My kids love having these Breakfast egg muffins cold later on in the day or they grab from the fridge before they go to bed or the following morning. You may not need the avocados unless you are ready to have them with the muffins that morning. Who doesn’t love avocados? No one can convince me not to add avocados to everything!
Can you meal prep eggs?
It is safe to say that eggs can be used for those who meal prep. Eggs also taste great cold any way it is prepared even though some may like to have their eggs more on the warm side but they actually taste amazing cold as well. These Breakfast egg muffins will make a great addition to your breakfast or lunch meal prep bowl.
Making these easy egg muffins?
Let me know what you think of these Breakfast Egg Muffins when you try them in the comment section below. Hopefully, you love them as much as we do. Do you like them warm or cold? Tag me on Instagram so I can see your remakes and feature you!
Here are some other breakfast recipe options you can check out if you have another minute to spare:
- Baked Oatmeal Protein Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Chia Muffins
- Double Chocolate Protein Pudding
- Poached Egg Sweet Potato Breakfast
- Fluffy Protein Waffles Recipe
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Roasted Cilantro Chickpea Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make these Breakfast Egg Muffins:
Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 12 Eggs
- ½ Onion Diced
- ½ Tsp Ground pepper
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Cherry tomatoes chopped
- 2 Cups Leafy greens or Spinach chopped
- 1/2 Avocado to garnish Diced
- Shredded cheese to garnish Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs in a large mixing bowl until light yellow and fluffy. Pour in the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and greens. Mix well.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with avocado oil or nonstick spray. Pour ⅓ of mix into each cup, filling to the top. Bake on 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Use a knife to release eggs from their cups around the edges.
- Top with avocado chunks, shredded cheese, and leftover tomatoes for garnish, if desired.
how long can these last in the refrigerator/freezer? I’m making these just for me but only one fills me up. 🙂
They last up till one week!
Are the calories per muffin?
Hi Imani. Yes it is