Add some Feta to your Cucumber tomato salad for the most epic salad recipe ever. A delightful way to use up your garden vegetables and the perfect salad to serve a crowd. It is simple, easy to make and takes just about 15 minutes to prep.
This cucumber tomato and feta salad is light, cooling, refreshing , and packed with flavor. Made with fresh and juicy vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber, onion, feta cheese, and parsley, and then tossed with a simple homemade lemon garlic dressing. This simple cucumber tomato salad is low carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free. Perfect to serve as a light summer lunch topped with some grilled chicken, or served as a side dish over dinner. This simple garden vegetable salad is so refreshing and flavorful.
Why you will love this garden vegetable salad
- Simple and quick: All you need is a handful of vegetables to make this simple and easy cucumber tomato feta salad. It takes just about 15 minutes to chop the vegetables and toss in with your homemade dressing.
- Healthy: This salad is perfectly healthy, low in carbs, and gluten-free. If you are on a keto-diet, this cucumber tomato feta salad is perfect for you.
- So flavorful: The flavors of this will blow you away. So delicious and refreshing.
Ingredients, notes, and substitutes
- Tomatoes: we used Roma tomatoes but you may use any other tomatoes of choice.
- Cucumbers: our choice of cucumbers was garden cucumbers. Go ahead and use whatever you have available.
- Onion: Red onions are milder and better to use in salads. But if it isnt readily available you may use white onions
- Parsley: Its important to use fresh parsley instead of dried parsley. They add a great flavor to the salad.
- Feta Cheese: Please use feta cheese. If you dont like feta cheese, you can use another crumbly cheese like cotija
- For the dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, fresh garlic cloves, ground cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Storage: Store leftovers in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days
How to make this cucumber tomato and feta salad
- Make the dressing: To a small jar, add all the dressing ingredients and shake vigorously to emulsify.
- Prepare the vegetables: Chop the tomatoes and cucumbers, slice the onion, mince the parsley and crumble the Feta cheese.
- Combine ingredients and mix the salad: To a salad bowl, add all the prepped ingredients and pour over the dressing. Toss well to combine.
- Serve: Garnish with extra cheese and serve immediately.
frequently asked questions
It all depends on the type of cucumber you are using and the maturity of the cucumber. Cucumbers with thinner skins that don’t need to be peeled are English or Persian cucumbers. Market cucumbers have thicker skins and are probably better peeled when using for salads.
Cumcumber tomato salad lasts for up to a week. But we like to recommend consuming it within 3 days because the tomatoes and cucumbers will get a bit soggy as time goes by.
Absolutely. Chop the veggies and store them in a container in the fridge until ready to use. Do not mix the vegetables with the dressing until you are ready to serve. Alternatively, you can also make and store the dressing seperately.
What to serve with This tomato cucumber salad
- Grilled Lemon Chicken Skewers
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Bites
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Chicken Francese
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Cutlets
Other salad recipes you may like
- Cowboy Caviar
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Chicken Caprese Salad
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes
- 4-5 garden cucumbers
- 1 small red onion
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 6 oz feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- To a small jar, add all the dressing ingredients and shake vigorously to emulsify.
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumbers, slice the onion, mince the parsley and crumble the Feta cheese.
- To a salad bowl, add all the prepped ingredients and pour over the dressing. Toss well to combine.
- Garnish with extra cheese and serve immediately.
- use fresh vegetables
- you can use avocado oil instead of olive oil
- make the dressing ahead if you prefer.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3 days
Kim Foote says
What feta is best for this recipe?
Any really. You can get the crumbles one or a block and you crumble them
Jeanne schillinger says
What other cheese can I use instead of feta
Parmesan or blue cheese? any crumbly cheese would work
Got a question about the garlic: recipe says ‘pressed’ garlic. Does the dressing really contain pressed garlic or is it minced?
Hi Laura. I would recommend minced. Whichever you prefer