This Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad recipe is easy to put together, very filling, tasty and perfect for lunch or dinner. Topped with homemade ranch dressing and loaded with goodness.
Easy and Best Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
What’s your ideal salad recipe? Everyone must have a favorite salad they prefer over the other. Honestly, I love all kinds of salads and I try to mix things up and try different foods and meals. But this Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe was a huge winner at my house. The reason I say that is because the kids LOVED it. It’s loaded with proteins and just perfectly perfect! CAN I even say that? We don’t consume bacon but if you are a bacon fan you can go ahead and add some!
What is the Cobb in a Cobb salad
Where the name Cobb in a Cobb salad came from is quite the debate. Some say that it originated at a restaurant called Hollywood Brown Derby Restaurant in 1937 and it was named after the owner Robert Howard Cobb. It isn’t known for sure whether Cobb actually invented the salad himself or his chef did.
What type of Greens do you use in Cobb Salad
Traditional Cobb Salad recipe is prepared using four varieties of greens: iceberg lettuce, watercress, endive, and romaine lettuce. Either one you go with will taste great. I love using either Iceberg or romaine.
I would love to know if you made this Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe. Comment below what your favorite salad is. Tag me on Instagram so I can see your remake.
More awesome recipes for you to try out:
- Pomegranate Chicken Salad Recipe
- Lemon Chicken Skewers Recipe
- Healthy Pasta Primavera Recipe
- Easy Lemon Asparagus Shrimp Recipe
- Shrimp Taco Bowls
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
- 1 lb Chicken Tenders
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1 Small Red Onion cut in half and sliced
- 1/2 English Cucumber chopped
- 4 Cups Chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/3 Cup Blue Cheese crumbled
Homemade Ranch Dressing:
- 1/2 Cup Plain full-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Chives plus more to garnish
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a shallow dish place chicken tenders and season with salt and pepper to your taste
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and mix well to coat.
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the inside. Let it rest for a few minutes on a chopping board, then slice it.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine.
- To assemble the salad add the lettuce first, then arrange chicken, eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and onions in a row.
- Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and chives, then drizzle with dressing and enjoy!