This Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe is a healthier take on the classic muffin that’s also high in protein. Take your favorite banana muffin to the next level by not only making them healthier but giving it a little boost of protein.
The BEST Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
I haven’t heard of anyone that doesn’t love banana muffins. Take your muffins to the next level and make them quilt free with added protein. Make this Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe and you won’t have muffins any other way! They are perfect to have for a mid-morning snack or as breakfast on the go! I love heating it up a bit in the microwave. So yummy!
What is the difference between a muffin and a cupcake?
Muffins tend to be less sweat compared to a cupcake. Cupcakes are simply mini cakes whereas muffins are made with healthier flour and ingredients. Cupcakes are tender and rich because they are mostly made with eggs and butter. On the other hand, a muffin, like this Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins is denser and less rich which makes them a much healthier treat. Muffins can be savory instead of sweet and you can pretty much have daily whereas a cupcake is more of a dessert you have on occasions.
I know when you make these Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins you will fall in love with it. Come back and leave me a comment below. Let me know what you think of this Healthy, delicious and High Protein Banana Muffin Recipe!
Some other desserts you can check out:
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe
- Healthy Cookie Dough Brownies
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts
- No-Bake Brownie Protein Bites
- Healthy No-Bake Buckeye Balls
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Banana Muffin recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe below:
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- ½ Cup Whole wheat flour
- ¾ Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Cup Oats
- 2 Scoops Whey Protein vanilla flavor
- ¼ Cup Low-calorie granulated sweetener
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Almond milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Melted coconut oil or Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanila
- 1 Cup Mashed banana
- ½ Cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oats, protein powder, low-calorie sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, vegetable oil, and mashed banana.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divided the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.