Make these Healthy No-bake Buckeye Balls for your family and friends to enjoy over the holiday season. They are fun and easy to make with a creamy peanut butter texture and a chocolate base.
Why these Buckeye Balls are so good
- Easy: These sweet treats are so simple to make, an easy no-bake recipe with only a handful of ingredients.
- Healthy: Natural flavors and gluten-free!
- Customizable: Add sprinkles, crushed nuts or white chocolate, have fun, and get creative!
- Peanut Butter: I went for natural, creamy peanut butter, so a wonderfully smooth bite!
- Almond Flour: This lends a sweet nutty aroma to the balls.
- Granulated Erythritol: A great sweetener that adds a subtle sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: You could use almond extract but it is stronger so use sparingly.
- Coconut Oil
- Flake Sea Salt: For the topping.
- Dark Chocolate: Curls for topping.
How to make these Buckeye Balls
- Mix: Stir together peanut butter, almond flour, erythritol, vanilla, and salt-forming a dough.
- Shape: Separate the dough into evenly sized balls.
- Chill: Place the ball on a baking tray and freeze for 30 mins.
- Dip: Melt chocolate with coconut oil and dip the balls.
Why are the called Buckeye Balls?
Buckeyes are similar to peanut butter balls (or peanut-butter-filled chocolate balls), which are completely covered in chocolate. Named for their resemblance to the nut of the Ohio buckeye tree, the state tree of Ohio, this candy is particularly popular in Ohio and neighboring states.
Best way to melt chocolate
Storing Buckeye Balls
Recipe Notes and Tips
- If the consistency of these Buckeye Balls is crumbly or sticky you can add more almond flour and the granulated sugar to get a perfect consistency.
- Make sure you line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or the balls will stick to the sheet.
- When you’re rolling out the peanut butter balls, rub a small amount of butter between your hands, to avoid sticking.
- Add sprinkles for a colorful finishing touch!
Other delicious sweet treats
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Healthy No-bake Buckeye Balls delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes
Healthy No-Bake Buckeye Balls
- 1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Erythritol
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
- Flaked sea salt for topping
- Dark chocolate curls for topping
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, almond flour, erythritol, vanilla, and salt until a dough forms.
- Separate the dough into 16 evenly sized balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Dip each chilled peanut butter ball into the chocolate until it's about 3/4 covered.
- Use a fork to remove the ball from the chocolate, letting the excess drip. Return to the parchment paper.
- Repeat until you have covered all the balls. Top with flaked sea salt and chocolate curls.