Nothing beats these amazing peanut butter banana muffins. Made with a handful of simple and pantry staple ingredients with absolutely no flour added to them. Ready in 15 minutes. Perfect healthy banana muffin recipe that’s gluten-free!
This healthy banana muffin recipe is made with peanut butter, eggs, and honey or maple syrup as the base ingredients. There is no flour or oil in this peanut butter banana muffin recipe, so you can indulge in this perfect gluten-free muffin recipe. They are so easy to make with as little as 5 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes in the oven. Make these banana muffins that everyone will enjoy and even the kids will devour them. For another similar flourless banana muffin recipe, check out my flourless chocolate banana muffin recipe.
Why you will love these banana muffins
- Healthy: Made without and oil, flour, and refined sugar, these peanut butter muffins are perfectly ok to indulge in without the guilt.
- Gluten-free: These healthy banana muffins are made without any flour so if you have any gluten allergies they are perfect for you.
- Easy and delicious: Very easy to make these peanut butter banana muffins that can be ready in as little as 20 minutes and are super delicious.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Bananas: use medium sized bananas. Make sure you use bananas that have spots on them and ripe enough.
- Egg: its imporatnt to use eggs. we haven’t tested this recipe with any substitutes to see if it’s possible to make them without eggs. But there are some egg substitutes in powdered form that are used for baking.
- Peanut butter: use creamy all-natural peanut butter. Any other nut butter will work.
- Maple syrup: you may use maple syrup or honey to make these peanut butter banana muffins.
- Vanila extract: this ingredient gives a kick of vanila flavor to offset the taste of the eggs
- Baking soda: you need this ingredient. you may technically try using baking powder but the muffins might not turn out as fluffy.
- Chocolate chips: we used mini dark chocolate chips. you can use dairy-free or sugar-free chocolate chips or skip them all together.
How to make these penaut butter banana muffins
Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a muffin tray with 12 paper cups.
To a large bowl, add the bananas and mash them with a fork. Add the eggs and mix well to combine.
Stir in the peanut butter together with maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract, and baking soda.
Fold in the chocolate chips and divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
frequently asked questions
If your banana muffins have flour in them you might face this problem of having chewy banana muffins. This happens by over mixing the batter which activates the gluten in the flour resulting in chewy muffins. You won’t face this issue when making these peanut butter banana muffins since they are flourless.
These healthy peanut butter muffins are perfect to enjoy as is with a cup of milk, coffee, or tea. If you feel like adding a little extra something to them, try some spread like more nut butter, a healthy chocolate spread, or some cookie butter.
Once these peanut butter muffins are cooled down, place them in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 7-10 days. You may reheat in the microwave when ready to serve. They store well covered on your kitchen counter at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Other healthy muffins you may like
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Gluten-free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Baked Oatmeal Protein Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 2 spotted bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a muffin tray with 12 paper cups.
- To a large bowl, add the bananas and mash them with a fork. Add the eggs and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the peanut butter together with maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- use any nut butter, almond butter will work well.
- allow the muffins to cool completely before serving.
- store in a container in the fridge for up to 7 days.