This Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice is a low carb version of your typical take-out fried rice! Once you try this it will be a regular at your dinner table!
SHRIMP CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
Whenever I think Asian food I think fried rice because my kids really love it. Especially the mall version. You have got to admit some are pretty good. But cutting down on the carbs for us adults is the key to that slimmer figure we all hope for, Which is why I made this shrimp fried rice with cauliflower instead of rice. Nothing wrong with making healthier versions of your favorite take-out food and you will love this Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice.
You can certainly switch out the shrimp with chicken if you like. My kids really prefer chicken over shrimp. Only two of my children love shrimp so we don’t cook with shrimp that often. That being said I love shrimps. It’s by far my favorite seafood even though you can certainly benefit more from other types of seafood like salmon that’s high in omega.
If you don’t happen to have any cauliflower handy because you just don’t feel like going to the grocery store and you would like to make some fried rice you can try my other fried rice recipe: CHICKEN FRIED RICE!
Here are a few other recipes you might like:
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice:
Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 3 Cups of riced cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil divided use
- ½ Cup Onions finely chopped
- ½ Cup Chopped carrots
- ½ Cup red bell pepper chopped
- ½ Cup frozen peas
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¾ pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- optional: sliced green onions for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and carrot to the pan, cook 3-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in the red bell pepper; cook 2-3 minutes more. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the vegetables from the pan, place them on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Pour the remaining teaspoon of oil into the pan; add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up with a spatula until the eggs are scrambled and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower rice, reserved cooked veggies and frozen peas to the pan. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and cook until cauliflower has just softened 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan; cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with sliced green onions if desired.