Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice
A low carb version of the take out classic fried rice.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 cups of riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided use
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- optional: sliced green onions for garnish
- In a skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and carrot to the pan, cook 3-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in the red bell pepper; cook 2-3 minutes more. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the vegetables from the pan, place them on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Pour the remaining teaspoon of oil into the pan; add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up with a spatula until the eggs are scrambled and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower rice, reserved cooked veggies and frozen peas to the pan. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and cook until cauliflower has just softened, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan; cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with sliced green onions if desired.