Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice
A low carb version of the take out classic fried rice.
Servings 4 people
- 3 cups of riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided use
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- optional: sliced green onions for garnish
In a skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
Add the onion and carrot to the pan, cook 3-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in the red bell pepper; cook 2-3 minutes more. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the vegetables from the pan, place them on a plate and cover to keep warm.
Pour the remaining teaspoon of oil into the pan; add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up with a spatula until the eggs are scrambled and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the cauliflower rice, reserved cooked veggies and frozen peas to the pan. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and cook until cauliflower has just softened, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan; cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp is pink and opaque.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with sliced green onions if desired.