An easy fajitas recipe that tastes as good as the restaurant version.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups thinly sliced bell peppers of various colors
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the marinade:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 and ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- To prepare the marinade, pour the lime juice, olive oil and water into a large resealable bag. Add the remaining marinade ingredients to the bag.
- Seal bag and shake to combine. Add the chicken to the bag of marinade, seal and place in fridge - marinate at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- In a large pan, heat the 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender and slightly charred. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the peppers and onions from the pan; place them on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel then remove chicken from the marinade and add it to the pan. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Slice the chicken breasts, then place on top of the reserved peppers and onions and serve immediately.