Make tonight fajita night with these Chicken Fajitas! They’re easy to make, but will be the best Chicken Fajitas you’ve ever had!
Chicken Fajitas are one of my go-to recipes. If you skip the tortilla, Chicken Fajitas are actually really good for you. They’re packed with protein and vegetables and aren’t cooked for so long that the nutrients and vitamins are sucked from the veggies, so you’re getting a lot of what the produce has to offer.
Plus, who doesn’t love Chicken Fajitas? Your whole family will love these. Serve them with tortillas for those who don’t mind the carbs, and you’ve got a balanced meal everyone will love! These cook up pretty quickly so you don’t have to spend an eternity cooking to get a healthy meal on the dinner table. You could also serve with cauliflower rice, if you want an additional low-carb side to go with them.
These are also great for meal prep. Make a family size batch, and spread them out for the week and have them for lunch or dinner each day! These hold up well in the fridge, so they’re perfect for meal-prep!
Try my other Mexican dish: MEXICAN CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL
How to make this Chicken Fajitas:
- 1 pound thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups thinly sliced bell peppers of various colors
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the marinade:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 and ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- To prepare the marinade, pour the lime juice, olive oil and water into a large resealable bag. Add the remaining marinade ingredients to the bag.
- Seal bag and shake to combine. Add the chicken to the bag of marinade, seal and place in fridge - marinate at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- In a large pan, heat the 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender and slightly charred. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the peppers and onions from the pan; place them on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel then remove chicken from the marinade and add it to the pan. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Slice the chicken breasts, then place on top of the reserved peppers and onions and serve immediately.