Make tonight fajita night with this Delicious and easy Fajitas Recipe! These Chicken Fajitas are made with chicken breasts and soaked in an amazing marinade recipe you will ever have along with some roasted veggies.
Chicken Fajitas with a one of a kind Marinade recipe
Chicken Fajitas are one of my go-to recipes. If you skip the tortilla, Chicken Fajitas are actually really good for you. For those who are looking to cut down on carbs, make this chicken fajitas recipe and have it with a side of quinoa or just choose a healthy tortilla to enjoy it with. So many healthier options out now.
Plus, who doesn’t love a really good and easy Chicken Fajitas recipe? Your whole family will love these. Serve them with tortillas for those who don’t mind the carbs, and you’ve got a balanced meal everyone will love! These cook up pretty quickly so you don’t have to spend too much time cooking to get a healthy meal on the dinner table. You could also serve with cauliflower rice if you want an additional low-carb side to go with them. I love having them with Quinoa.
These are also great for meal prep. Make a family size batch, and spread them out for the week and have them for lunch or dinner each day! These hold up well in the fridge, so they’re perfect for meal-prep! Meal Prep meals come in very handy when on the go and don’t have time to cook.
The Fajitas Marinade
The full recipe for the chicken fajitas marinade is included in the recipe below. But here is a list of the ingredients you will need:
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Chili Powder
- Black pepper
If you make this Chicken Fajitas recipe take some pics and show me on Instagram. I would love to see it. Use the hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals so I can see it.
Try my other Mexican dish: MEXICAN CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL
Are you going through a list of recipes you plan on making soon? Add these on to your list:
How to make this Chicken Fajita Recipe:
Chicken Fajitas Recipe and Marinade
- 1 pound thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups thinly sliced bell peppers of various colors
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the marinade:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 and ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
To prepare the marinade, pour the lime juice, olive oil, and water into a large resealable bag. Add the remaining marinade ingredients to the bag.
- Seal bag and shake to combine. Add the chicken to the bag of marinade, seal and place in fridge - marinate at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
In a large pan, heat the 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender and slightly charred. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the peppers and onions from the pan; place them on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel then remove chicken from the marinade and add it to the pan. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Slice the chicken breasts, then place on top of the reserved peppers and onions and serve immediately.
Don’t miss any of my posts. Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I would appreciate it if you share any of my recipes that you love.