This Chicken Fried Rice recipe is a simple and light option for dinner that my family loves. It’s quick to make and can be served by itself or on the side with the rest of your meal. This takeout classic is so much healthier when you make it at home!
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
We love how versatile this chicken fried rice is. On busy nights this is a great go-to option that doesn’t take a long time to prepare and usually, there are no leftovers.
Would you serve this on the side or as the main dish to your family? I can make this every single day for my kids and they will be happy. They also love this with shrimps!
What can you serve with Chicken Fried Rice?
Sometimes you just want to have a little something with your Chicken Fried Rice recipe. There are a few options for side dishes. Try making for stir fry vegetables like mushroom, onions, zucchini, carrots and so on. You can add some egg rolls, dumplings or salads as a side as well. Or just make some steamed veggies like broccoli or green beans. I love My chicken fried rice just the way it is with no extra sides.
For those who are doing low carb and would like to substitute the rice with a healthier option like cauliflower try my SHRIMP CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE RECIPE
How Bad is Chicken Fried Rice for you?
We’ve all heard at some point that the take out fried rice is just bad news. Well depending on how you prepare your chicken fried rice recipe it isn’t so bad for you. The high glycemic carbs found in regular rice is usually what’s considered a no-no when trying to lose weight. You can substitute the white rice with brown rice which cuts the caloric intake by half! Or even better, make cauliflower fried rice instead!
I would love to hear what you think of this Chicken Fried Rice Recipe if you make it. Please leave me a comment below and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Pin it and save it for later!
Tag me on Instagram using my #healthyfitnessmeals hashtag so I can see your remake!
Here are a few more lunch or dinner recipes to check out:
How to make this Chicken Fried Rice Recipe:
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- 3/4 pound chicken breast boneless, skinless cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided use
- 1 egg scrambled
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: sliced green onions for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and saute until browned and cooked through about 4-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat the remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and carrot to the pan, cook 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rice to the pan, along with the reserved chicken, egg, and frozen peas. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and mix gently until everything is thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with sliced green onions if desired. Serve.