Chicken Fried Rice is a simple and light option for dinner that my family loves. Its quick to make and can be served by itself or on the side with the rest of your meal.
Chicken Fried Rice
We love how versatile this chicken fried rice is. On busy nights this is a great go-to option that doesn’t take a long time to prepare and usually, there are no leftovers.
Would you serve this on the side or as the main dish to your family? I can make this every single day for my kids and they will be happy. They also love this with shrimps!
For those who are doing low carb and would like to substitute the rice with a healthier option like cauliflower try my SHRIMP CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE RECIPE
How to make this Chicken Fried Rice Recipe:
Chicken Fried Rice
This takeout classic is so much healthier when you make it at home!
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- 3/4 pound chicken breast boneless, skinless cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided use
- 1 egg scrambled
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: sliced green onions for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and saute until browned and cooked through about 4-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat the remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and carrot to the pan, cook 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rice to the pan, along with the reserved chicken, egg, and frozen peas. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and mix gently until everything is thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with sliced green onions if desired. Serve.