This Lemon Dill Salmon Pasta Salad is a simple but filling pasta salad recipe that’s full of flavor and ready in just 30 minutes. Made with simple ingredients, easy to make and perfect for lunch, dinner, or as a side dish for any gatherings.
An easy pasta salad recipe is super easy to make and healthier than your average pasta salad. Made with either lentil or chickpea pasta, salmon, peas, corn, and a delicious zesty lemon and dill dressing. You may use smoked salmon instead of canned salmon or any other pasta that’s readily available. This Salmon Pasta Salad recipe is a perfect make-ahead recipe that can be enjoyed cold and makes it a perfect option to use for meal prep.
EASY SALMON PASTA RECIPE
The dressing for this easy salmon and pasta dish is what will bring out the flavor of the pasta salad. Here is what you will need for the dressing:
- Fresh lemon juice (of about 1 large lemon)
- Lemon zest
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh dill
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon slices
HOW TO MAKE SALMON PASTA SALAD
- Make Dressing: Start by preparing the dressing, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, olive oil, dijon, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Cook Pasta: Follow the package directions to cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked al-dente. Once cooked drain well in a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add cooked pasta to the bowl: Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and pour over the prepared dressing; toss well until evenly coated with dressing.
- Put all ingredients together: Add in the salmon, corn, and peas; give it another stir, then taste and adjust the salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve: Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy!
Substitutions for the Salmon Pasta Salad
- Salmon: Use either canned or smoked Salmon. Be sure to grab skinless and boneless if using canned.
- Pasta: Any pasta would work, whole wheat, plain, gluten-free, lentil or chickpea.
- Maple Syrup: If you don’t have maple syrup, you can use honey.il
- Oil: Avocado or Olive Oil
- Herbs: We really love Dill and highly recommend using fresh dill. If you can’t find fresh, you may use dried dill.
- Vegetarian Option: Skip the Salmon and add more veggies
How to store Salmon Pasta
Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. We do not recommend freezing this salmon pasta salad recipe.
Can you make pasta salad the day before
This salmon pasta salad recipe is an ideal make-ahead recipe! You can prepare and make it the day before. For ideal results, you may have the dressing ready and store in a container and mix the pasta salad when ready to eat. So, what you will do is add all the pasta salad ingredients in the bowl except for the fresh dill using to garnish and the dressing. If you must mix the ingredients ahead of time it is also completely fine!
Do you rinse pasta for pasta salad
We recommend rinsing pasta only if you are using the pasta in a pasta salad. Also, allowing it to cool off is also ideal. This prevents the pasta from sticking together and removing the unnecessary starch from it. You do not need to rinse pasta for other sauce-based pasta dishes.
What goes good with pasta salad
Depending on what pasta dish you are making, adding a variety of different meats work. Also, add different grilled veggies to your pasta salad. Wondering what you can serve it with, try some sandwiches or toast, a bowl of soup, or some baked potatoes.
The best part about sharing recipes with our readers is seeing what you guys recreate! We love it when you share your remakes with us! So don’t forget to share your remakes with us on social media! Leave us a comment below if you make this Salmon pasta salad recipe and loved it!
Love Pasta Salads? We have some more for you to try soon!
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Vegetarian Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Lemon Dill Salmon Pasta Salad
- 8 oz Chickpea or Lentil Pasta
- 12 oz Skinless, Boneless Wild Sockeye Salmon 2 (6oz) cans, drained
- 1 Cup Frozen Green Peas thawed
- 15 oz Sweet Corn one can, drained
- Lemon slices, to garnish, optional
- 2½ Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice (or about 1 large lemon juiced)
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 4 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Dill or more, to taste
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt or to taste
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper or to taste
- Lemon slices to garnish, optional
- Start by preparing the dressing, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, olive oil, dijon, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Cook pasta according to the package, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked al-dente.
- Once cooked drain well in a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and pour over the prepared dressing; toss well until evenly coated with dressing.
- Add in the salmon, corn, and peas; give it another stir, then taste and adjust the salt and pepper, if needed.
- Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy!