This Moroccan Chicken Couscous Bowl recipe has its own unique bold flavor to it. Packed with protein and veggies, this makes a perfect lunch bowl for any day of the week. They are also perfect for lunch on the go.
The BEST Moroccan Chicken Couscous Bowl
Nothing better and more filling than a nice bowl filled with protein and veggies. All the goodness in one bowl. Easy to put together and so delicious you would want to make this Moroccan Chicken Couscous Bowl recipe weekly. They are perfect to pack on the go as well.
What are Moroccan flavors
Moroccan food is very well known to have very bold flavors. They are loaded with different spices to give them that bursting bold flavors. Spices used to make up the Moroccan spice mix are cinnamon, cumin, ground ginger, black and/or white pepper, saffron, turmeric, hot red peppers, sesame seed, sweet paprika, and aniseed.
Is Moroccan food spicy
Moroccan food is comparable to Indian food because most of the spices used in both foods are similar. Moroccan foods tend to be on the milder side while Indian food is spicier. Depending on how you make your Moroccan food will determine how spicy it is. But typically, they are mild in flavor but bold. I added a bit of cayenne pepper to make this Moroccan Chicken Recipe a bit spicy.
What exactly is couscous
Couscous is made from semolina. Semolina is the hard part of the grain of hard wheat. It is the main “pasta” dish in northern Africa. Even though we think of couscous as a grain, it is actually a type of pasta! Also, find out how to make the couscous for this Moroccan Chicken Couscous recipe by scrolling further down.
I would love to hear what you think of this Moroccan Chicken Couscous recipe in the comments below if you make it and love it. It would be great if you take a moment and rate it as well.
More amazing recipes to check out:
- Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
- Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- Fish Taco Salad Bowl Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- Easy Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Moroccan Chicken Couscous Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Moroccan Chicken Couscous Bowl
- 1 1/2 lb Boneless skinless chicken breast chopped
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan spice mix store bought or make your own (see below)
- 1/4 Cup Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup Dry couscous
- 1 1/2 Cup Water or broth
- 1 Cucumber diced
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Cut into quarters
- 1 Red Onion Sliced or diced
- 1/3 Cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped parsley
Moroccan Spice Mix:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- Bring 1 1/2 cup of salty water or stock to the boil in a saucepan. Once boiling, stir in the couscous, place the lid on and take it off the heat
- Let the couscous steam until you cook the chicken, then fluff it with a fork.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, 1 tablespoon Moroccan mix and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix well to get combined.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to brown but not entirely cooked
- Stir in the tomato paste and broth and continue to cook until the sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through 5-7 minutes.
- Divide the couscous among 4 bowls, then top with fresh chopped veggies and Moroccan chicken.
- Add some yogurt to each bowl and sprinkle fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
amel sm says
I love this post. Thank