Matcha Chia Pudding is a simple and tasty snack or breakfast recipe that’s easy to make and requires very minimal prep time. Made with a handful of pantry staple ingredients.
Matcha chia pudding is a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack option. It is made with chia seeds, which are packed with fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. Matcha powder adds a boost of antioxidants and caffeine to the pudding, making it a great pick-me-up. The pudding can be sweetened with maple syrup or honey and topped with fresh fruit, nuts, or coconut flakes. It is also a great make-ahead option as it can be stored in the fridge for several days. So this chia pudding recipe will be a great breakfast or snack option for those who meal prep.
why you will love this chia recipe
- Healthy breakfast or snack option: The chia seeds are a great source of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, while the matcha powder adds antioxidants and caffeine to give you a boost of energy.
- Easy to make: All you need to do is mix the chia seeds, matcha powder, and liquid of your choice (such as almond milk or coconut milk) together and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- It’s customizable: You can sweeten the pudding with your preferred sweetener, such as honey or maple syrup, and top it with your favorite fruits, nuts, or seeds. This makes it a versatile option that you can adjust to your liking.
Ingredients you will need
- Chia seeds: use your favorite brand
- Matcha powder: matcha can be found at any grocery store. Most likely in the health section.
- Vanilla extract: gives a nice touch of flavor
- Unsweetened almond milk or any milk of choice like 2%
- Coconut milk ( use full fat)
- Maple syrup or agave: Honey can also be used as a non-vegan option.
How to make this chia pudding with matcha powder
In a bowl, add milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine
Next, add in the matcha powder and using a whisk or spoon mix until combined
Add in the chia seeds and whisk again until there are no clumps
Let it sit for 10 mins until some of the chia seeds start to absorb the liquid.
Taste to check sweetness and add more maple syrup if needed. Mix the chia pudding and transfer it into 2 jars with lids.
Place the jars in the fridge for a few hours or overnight until ready to serve.
To serve: remove from fridge, mix, and top with fruits of choice or top with coconut yogurt
Recipe notes and tips
- Use a good quality liquid. The liquid you use will affect the taste and texture of your chia pudding. For a creamier pudding, you can use full-fat coconut milk or almond milk. For a lighter option, you can use regular or low-fat milk.
- Mix the chia seeds well. Chia seeds tend to clump together, so it’s important to mix them well with the liquid. You can use a whisk or fork to thoroughly mix the seeds and avoid any clumps.
- Let it sit for at least 30 minutes. After you mix the chia seeds and liquid together, let the mixture sit for at least 30 minutes so that the seeds can absorb the liquid and expand. For best results, you can let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- Customize with your favorite flavors. Chia pudding is very versatile and can be customized to your liking. You can add sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar, and flavorings such as vanilla extract, cocoa powder, or matcha powder. You can also top it with your favorite fruits, nuts, or seeds.
frequently asked questions
Yes, chia pudding is generally considered to be a healthy food. Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, protein, healthy fats, and minerals such as calcium and magnesium. They also contain antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer. However, it’s important to note that the nutritional value of chia pudding can vary depending on the ingredients used, such as the type of liquid and sweeteners added. It’s also best to consume chia pudding in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Chia pudding can be a healthy addition to your diet, but it’s important to consume it in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Eating chia pudding every day is generally safe, but it’s important to consider the overall nutrient content of your diet. Chia seeds are high in fiber and can cause digestive discomfort if consumed in large amounts, so it’s best to start with small portions and gradually increase if your body tolerates it well.
Chia pudding can last in the fridge for up to five days when stored in an airtight container. The chia seeds will absorb the liquid and create a gel-like texture, which can thicken over time. If you find that the pudding has become too thick after being stored in the fridge, you can add a splash of liquid and give it a stir to loosen it up.
more chia pudding recipes
- Coconut Milk Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Apple Pie Chia Pudding
- Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
- Simple Chia Seed Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Protein Chia Pudding
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Matcha Chia Pudding
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or any milk of choice like 2%
- ½ cup coconut milk use full fat
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or agave
- In a bowl, add milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine
- Next, add in the matcha powder and using a whisk or spoon mix until combined
- Add in the chia seeds and whisk again until there are no clumps
- Let it sit for 10 mins until some of the chia seeds start to absorb the liquid.
- Taste to check sweetness and add more maple syrup if needed. Mix the chia pudding and transfer it into 2 jars with lids.
- Place the jars in the fridge for a few hours or overnight until ready to serve.
- To serve: remove from fridge, mix, and top with fruits of choice or top with coconut yogurt