Make this chia seed pudding recipe for snack, breakfast, or dessert. It’s super easy to make with as little as 5 minutes of prep time. A delicious and healthy pudding option to enjoy without any guilt.
If you love pudding, you will love chia seed pudding. There are so many different ways you can make chia pudding and flavor options are endless. This chia pudding recipe is kept very simple and made with 4 simple pantry staple ingredients. Made with chia seeds, almond milk, maple syrup to add some sweetness, and vanilla extract which can be optional. This chia seed pudding is vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and a healthy breakfast or dessert option that anyone can enjoy even the little ones.
Why you will love this chia pudding
- Simple and easy: This chia pudding recipe is as simple to make as it gets. With only 4 basic ingredients, you will have a delicious healthy breast or dessert without much of an effort out in to make it.
- Healthy: Chia seeds are loaded with anitoxidants, healthy fats. fiber, aand protein. Made with almond milk, and maple syrup, it is healthy and good for you.
- So good: Chia pudding is such a wonderful dessert or snack you can indulge in without the guilt. They can be topped with any of your favorite fruits.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Almond milk: we used unsweetened almond milk. Any other milk can be used so feel free to use whatever you have handy. To keep it vegan friendly, use any other nut milk like coconut milk in place of almond milk.
- Chia Seeds: a superfood thats loaded with powerdul nutrients that are good for you.
- Maple syrup: for a kick of sweetness we used maple syrup. You may use honey if you aren’t looking for a vegan option. Also, any other sweetener like agave will work too.
- Vanilla extract: This is an optional ingredient just to add taste to the chia pudding.
- Toppings: Use any toppings you might like for this chia seed pudding recipe. Fruits work well like berries, mangos, or bananas. Also, you may top it with some peanut butter too! You can get as creative as you like.
How to make chia pudding
- First, Combine ingredients: Add the milk, chia seeds, maple syrup or honey, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Immediately start whisking to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Next, Place them in jars or containers: Once the ingredients are very well combined, divide the mixture into 6 jars and cover with the lids. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Finally, Top with fruits and enjoy: Once the chia pudding has set, top with fresh berries and chopped mango.
Tips on making this chia pudding
- Switch up ingredients if needed. Use milk of choice to make this chia seed pudding recipe. You may even add a bit of yogurt to make it even thicker and creamier.
- Top with any fruits. Also, if you prefer cruncy ingredients, add nuts, granola, and some penaut butter.
- Allow the chia seeds to sit for at least 2 hours to absorb and expand into a pudding consistency.
- Change the flavor! Like chocolate? Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder in with the chia seeds and milk.
Frequently asked questions
Chia seeds are loaded with amazing and good-for-you ingredients despite their small size. They are a great source of antioxidants, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, calcium, and protein.
Any kind of milk can be used to make chia seed pudding. In fact, some may prefer using a full-fat whole milk option instead of almond or coconut milk.
There is no harm in eating chia seeds every day in moderation. It provides you with the daily dose of nutrients your body needs on a daily basis. Also, the good fats from the chia seeds will promote good heart health.
Other chia seed pudding recipe to try
- Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- Coconut Chia Pudding
- Healthy Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Protein Pudding
More recipes you might like
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Peanut Butter Protein Overnigth Oats
- Homemade Oatmeal Granola Bars
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
Also, if you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- Toppings of choice: mango blueberries, creamy peanut butter
- Add the milk, chia seeds, maple syrup or honey, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Immediately start whisking to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Store in the fridge overnight, or at least 2 hours. (Alternatively, you may divide the mixture into 6 jars and cover them with the lids before refrigerating.
- Once the chia pudding has set, Divide the pudding into 6 mason jars and store again in the fridge if not ready to serve.op wi
- Top with fresh berries and chopped mango.
- Note: If you prefer your chia pudding more on the thick side, add an additional 1/4 cup chia seeds.
- Milk: You may use any milk of choice. To keep this recipe vegan-friendly, use almond or coconut milk.
- Sweetener: for non-vegan, use honey. Maple syrup or agave are also great options.
- How to: There are two ways you can store this to turn into pudding. Either store the huge bowl with the mixture in the fridge and divide it up the next day or mix the ingredients well and divide into mason jars and then store overnight.
- Allow the chia seeds to sit for a few minutes, mix again until the chia seeds start to float around the milk, then place in the fridge to set.
- Top with any toppings of choice. Fruits make great topping options.
- Chia pudding stores well in the fridge for up to one week.