These Keto Chocolate Cupcakes are made with coconut flour and topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are sugar-free, gluten-free and a low carb chocolate cupcake recipe made with simple ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- First, preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a muffin tin with 6 liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Add in the wet ingredients and stir until a batter forms. Divide the batter among the cupcake liners and bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Finally, set on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before adding the frosting.
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 4oz cream cheese, room temp
- 4 tbsp butter, room temp
- 1/3 c powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
place all frosting ingredients into a bowl and beat using a handheld mixer until light and fluffy.
Can I leave cupcakes on the counter overnight
It is perfectly fine to leave cupcakes without cream cheese frosting on the counter overnight since cupcakes are similar to bread. Avoid adding your cream cheese topping to your cupcakes until you are ready for them. If cupcakes have already been topped with cream cheese frosting, it is best to store in the fridge in a tightly sealed container.
Will refrigerating cupcakes dry them out
Leaving cupcakes uncovered and not properly stored will result in your cupcakes drying out once stored in the fridge. It is best to store cupcakes covered on the kitchen counter if it doesn’t have any cream cheese frosting.
Can you freeze cupcakes without frosting
Cupcakes without frosting can be frozen for 2-3 months. Keep them securely wrapped or place in an airtight container before storing them. So, to defrost, remove from the freezer and simply microwave. Also, you may allow leave it on the kitchen counter for a few hours to defrost before reheating in the microwave if needed.
We want to hear what your thoughts are on this easy keto chocolate cupcake recipe. Leave us a comment below with your feedback. Also, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family on social media. It would be epic if you leave us a rating on any recipes you try out and love!
Also, Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check these out
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Protein Chocolate Mug Cake
- Strawberry and Cream Smoothie Recipe
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups
- Double Chocolate Protein Pudding
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Keto chocolate cupcake Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Note: Recipe was updated and slightly modified on February 17th, 2020.
Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 Eggs Room temperature
- 4 Tbsp Butter Melted
- ¼ Cup Almond milk
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Flour
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Erythritol
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ Tsp Salt
- 4 oz Cream Cheese Room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Butter Room temperature
- ⅓ Cup Powdered Erythritol
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Dried Raspberries whole and crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a muffin tin with 6 liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Add in the wet ingredients and stir until a batter forms.
- Divide the batter among the cupcake liners and bake for 18-22 minutes. Once cooled, place all frosting ingredients into a bowl and beat using a handheld mixer until light and fluffy.
- Decorate cupcakes and top with dried raspberries.