This Protein Peanut Butter Cups recipe is a high protein version of the classic treat that everyone loves. They are homemade, easy to make, so creamy, delicious and only need 4 ingredients to make.
Protein Peanut Butter Cups
We enjoy making desserts and this Protein Peanut Butter dessert recipe is one of our favorites! They are easy to make and the kids love making their own. Sometimes they add sprinkles in them and once my son decided to add grape jelly in his and I have to admit it tasted amazing. Thinking of testing that idea out soon with maybe strawberry jelly. This creamy and high protein dessert is the perfect treat to have without any guilt.
Are peanut butter cups healthy?
Making your own peanut butter cups will certainly be healthier than the store-bought candy version like Reese’s brand. There might be some healthier store-bought versions out now made with dark chocolate and no added sugar for the peanut butter. Making your own at home will allow you to use healthier ingredients and add a bit of whey protein for an extra protein boost.
Making this peanut butter dessert recipe?
I would love to get some feedback from you if you made these High protein peanut butter cups. Tag me with #healthyfitnessmeals when you make these and leave me a comment below and let me know your thoughts.
Are you a dessert person? I have a few other popular dessert recipes for you to check out:
- Easy Cookie Dough Fudge Recipe
- Keto Almond Butter Cups
- Double Chocolate Protein Pudding
- No-Bake Healthy Cookie Dough Bars
- Easy Coconut Chia Pudding
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this High Protein Peanut Butter Cups Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Protein Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/3 Cup Smooth peanut butter
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein vanilla flavor
- 1 ½ Cups Dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Place 6 paper liners in the wells of a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the protein powder and peanut butter until smooth.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl; microwave in 30-second increments until fully melted.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate in the bottom of each liner. Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate layer.
- Add an additional tablespoon of chocolate on top of the peanut butter mixture. Chill until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.