Protein Chocolate Mug Cake – This is a rich chocolate mug cake that’s ready in less than 5 minutes! The perfect single-serving chocolate cake recipe if you are on a high protein diet. Super moist and very satisfying without all the guilt.
Easy Protein Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
You will love how easy it is to put this Chocolate mug cake recipe together. So rich and delicious it is hard to believe that it’s clean and healthy. Plus it has the added protein! Don’t like protein or have any whey protein handy, you can replace it with one tablespoon of almond meal. This mug cake recipe makes a large portion and can easily be shared.
How to make this chocolate mug cake recipe
You will need to get a deep enough mug that is high enough so the cake doesn’t overflow in the microwave. First, add about 3 tablespoons of the chocolate chip with the coconut oil and then melt. Then, add the flour, protein, baking soda and water into the melted chocolate. Mix thoroughly until combined. Next, add the egg into the mixture in the mug and stir again. Finally, place in the microwave and cook for about one and a half minute. Your chocolate mug cake is almost ready! Let it cool and garnish with more chocolate chip if needed and some coconut whipped cream.
What is a mug cake?
So many ask this question so don’t feel left out if this question has crossed your mind. A mug cake is exactly what it sounds like. It is simply a cake made in a cup and usually, the recipe will be for a single serving of cake that’s quick and easy to make in a matter of minutes in the microwave.
Can this mug cake be baked in the oven?
This Chocolate mug cake recipe is solely developed to be cooked in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. This will not work in the oven and it is really pointless to wait 15 minutes or so when you can just pop it in the microwave instead.
Making this recipe?
I would love to get some feedback on this chocolate mug cake recipe. Leave me a comment below and ley me know if you liked it or not and if you made any changes to the recipe.
Here are a few other desserts recipes below that I think you will enjoy:
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts
- Double Chocolate Keto Brownies
- Easy Peanut Butter Keto Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Protein Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Protein Chocolate Mug Cake
- 3 Tbsp Semisweet chocolate chips, plus 2 teaspoons for garnish (can use regular or mini sized chips)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 Tbsp Whey Protein chocolate flavor
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/8 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Egg
- Optional garnishes: mint sprigs, coconut whipped cream or vanilla Greek yogurt
- Combine 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips and coconut oil in a large microwave-safe mug; heat in the microwave for 20-second increments until melted; stir to combine.
- Add the protein powder, flour, water, and baking soda into the chocolate mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add egg to the chocolate mixture; stir well.
- Heat in microwave until cake is cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of chocolate chips.
- Cool cake for about 2 minutes before eating. Top with garnishes if desired.