You are going to love this Healthy Pumpkin Cookies recipe! They are the perfect no guilt dessert that’s healthy and made with added protein and topped with a delicious Maple Glaze. Have these cookies with a cup of milk or with your morning coffee! They can easily be made Vegan as well.
Healthy Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
We all know this is the season to be adding pumpkin to everything we are making. Other than these Pumpkin Cookies, I have been making all kinds of things pumpkin. Like this High Protein Pumpkin Pie Sake, and we also recently made the moistest Pumpkin Bread with chocolate chips and a few others that I will mention later.
Once these Cookies start to bake you will love the aroma coming out of the oven. It will get you drooling. I love glazing these cookies and adding some toasted pecans on top. Oh, Yummy!
How do you keep homemade cookies fresh?
Steps to take to keep any of your homemade cookies fresh:
- Let the cookies cool off completely before you store them
- After cookies are cooled off, transfer into an airtight container.
- Use parchment paper to place over the layers of cookies so they don’t get stuck together.
- Keep your airtight container at room temperature away from direct sunlight.
This Healthy Pumpkin Cookies recipe can be made vegan if you are looking for a vegan version. Just use vegan protein instead of the whey protein.
The added protein on some of these desserts in honestly for my sake. The more reason for me to overindulge on these healthier dessert options. My kids don’t notice the difference most times which is a bonus!
While we are talking pumpkin and fall recipes, you should check out these other recipes that I am sure you will love:
If you make any of these recipes please use the hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on Instagram so I can see your remakes. I would also love to hear your thoughts in the comment below. Don’t forget to pin the ones you love and share with family and friends.
How to make this Healthy Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cookies recipe:
Healthy Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tbsp Natural Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Vanilla Whey Protein or Vegan Protein
- 1/3 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Or Vegan Protein
- 1 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Pecans
- In a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Add in the pumpkin puree and almond butter and stir until a dough forms. Cover dough with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove dough and scoop using a cookie scooper. Place the cookie dough balls onto the parchment paper and use your fingertips to press them flat.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled, stir together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Add in the protein powder and stir until combined. Add in the almond milk and stir until glaze forms. Spoon glaze over each cookie and top with crushed pecans.
- Use a preheated oven.
- To make vegan, swap the whey protein with vegan protein.
- Allow the cookies to cool before glazing, otherwise the glaze will not harden.
- For this recipe use pure canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling is loaded with other ingredients and flavorings, that'll also change the flavor of these healthy pumpkin cookies.
- Ideally use a cookie scoop to portion out the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle a touch of pumpkin spice onto the finished glazed cookies for an extra spice hit!
- Don’t overbake the cookies. You want these Healthy Pumpkin Cookies nice and soft, not dry. When you pull them out of the oven, they will look slightly underbaked but will continue to bake on the cookie sheet for a couple more minutes- perfect!
- To measure your flour accurately, spoon the flour into the measuring cup until its overfilled. Then, use the back of a butter knife to push off the excess flour.