We love desserts around here. Even more so when they are on the healthy side. This Baked Apples Recipe is amazing and they make your home smell great too. These amazing apples are stuffed with a wholesome mixture of oats, coconut sugar, and cinnamon.
Easy to make Baked Apples Recipe
Ready in just minutes this Baked Apple recipe is a HIT every time its made. Generally, there are no leftovers and you can make this dish for a variety of meals.
It’s great for breakfast but also doubles as a healthy option for dessert and great to take to potlucks. If you are feeling a little adventurous, you could drizzle a homemade glaze over the top to sweeten it up. We do this on rare occasions and its all the rave with my kids.
What are the best apples for baking?
Pick apples that are both sweet and tangy with a crispy skin that won’t break down when baked. Which was ideal for this Baked Apple Recipe. Try different apples and mix and match them in your baking until you find the right ones for you. Here are a select few that will work great for baking: Jonathans, Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, Melrose, Golden Delicious, Gala, and McIntosh.
Ready to start your oven now? Do you have an apple recipe you love? I’d love to hear about it in the comments. I am always looking for new ideas to try with my family. Share this Recipe with your friends and family if you like it.
Use my #healthyfitnessmeals hashtag on Instagram so I can see your remakes.
Here are a few other recipes that I think you will enjoy:
- Gluten-Free Eggnog Waffles
- Creamy Wild Mushroom Pasta
- Keto Pecan Brittles Recipe
- Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 3 medium to large apples cut in half and cored
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the apples cut side up in a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, whole wheat flour, oats, and cinnamon. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon the oat mixture evenly into the centers of the apples.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until tender. Serve.