We love desserts around here. Even more so when they are on the healthy side. This Baked Apples Recipe are amazing and they make your home smell great too. These amazing apples are stuffed with a wholesome mixture of oats, coconut sugar, and cinnamon.
Baked Apples Recipe
Ready in just minutes this Baked Apples recipe is a HIT every time its made. Generally, there are no leftovers and you can make this dish for a variety of meals.
It’s great for breakfast but also doubles as a healthy option for dessert and great to take to potlucks. If you are feeling a little adventurous, you could drizzle a homemade glaze over the top to sweeten it up. We do this on rare occasions and its all the rave with my kids.
With my Baked Apples recipe, you could have a warm breakfast ready in under an hour.
Ready to start your oven now?
Do you have an apple recipe you love? I’d love to hear about it in the comments. I am always looking for new ideas to try with my family.
AAlso try my GREEK YOGURT SKINNY CHEESECAKE!
- 3 medium to large apples cut in half and cored
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the apples cut side up in a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, whole wheat flour, oats, and cinnamon. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon the oat mixture evenly into the centers of the apples.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until tender. Serve.