These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are to die for. Easy to make, soft and chewy, and perfectly healthy dessert to enjoy as a snack too. Loaded with dairy-free chocolate chip cookies and easy-to-find ingredients probably already sitting in your pantry.
These vegan chocolate chip cookies are a tasty and cruelty-free dessert option that can be enjoyed by all. Vegan cookies are similar in texture and taste to traditional chocolate chip cookies but they are made with dairy-free products like dairy-free chocolate chips, and no eggs. It is a delicious dessert option for those who are following the vegan diet or for those who just prefer a plant-based alternative. This vegan cookie recipe is so good, tasty, and ready in just 20 minutes.
Why you will love these vegan cookies
- Plant-based and lactose-free: for those who want a vegan cookie alternative, these cookies are made without any animal products and dairy-free chocolate chips. If you are sensitive to lactose, then these cookies are perfect for you.
- Healthy: Guilt-free cookies made with clean and healthy ingredients. Lower in cholesterol and saturated fat.
- Easy to make: In just 20 minutes you will have perfectly healthy and delicious cookies ready to be enjoyed by everyone.
Ingredients needed to make these vegan cookies
- Coconut Oil: any other oil can be used if you don’t have coconut oil
- Light brown sugar: you may use coconut sugar if you prefer.
- Vanilla extract: added for a touch of vanilla flavor.
- Coconut cream: These are the ones you get from cans. You may use lite
- Bananas: use ripe bananas. A medium-sized banana will be perfect. It should be about 1/4 cup after it is mashed.
- Flour: we used all-purpose flour, but you can use wheat flour or gluten-free flour.
- Baking Soda and salt
- Chocolate Chips: for a vegan cookie option, you have to use dairy-free chocolate chips. If you want to use any chocolate chips you have on hand you may.
How to make these vegan cookies
Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
To a large bowl add the first 3 ingredients and using an electric mixer, whisk until combined.
Add the coconut cream, and mashed banana and whisk until incorporated. In a separate bowl, mix the flour with baking soda and fine salt.
Add the flour mixture over the wet ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine. Once the cookie dough is mixed up, it will be thick. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups of chocolate chips.
Scoop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared sheet pan about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8- 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centers have set.
Finally, sprinkle and gently press the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the warm cookies and allow them to cool on the sheet pan.
- Allow the cookies to cool off completely on your countertop before attempting to store them.
- You may leave the cooled cookies covered on your counter for up to 4 days.
- Place cooled cookies in a container with a lid and store them in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Frequently asked questions
When baking vegan cookies, there are many options for egg substitutes and it will just be a trial and error kind of thing to figure out which option you like best. That being said, egg substitutes for vegan cookies can be bananas, apple sauce, dairy-free yogurt, flax seed, and silken tofu.
There are a few brands out there but the ones we use the most are enjoy life or lily’s. This is not to say they are the best, there may be other options and brands that are just as good.
You would normally need one mashed ripe banana to replace one egg. Other options can be 1/4 cup of apple sauce or yogurt. Also, if you have flax seed you may also use that. Use 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water to replace one egg.
more healthy cookies you may like
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Keto Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- No-bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Also, if you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 ripe banana mashed (about 1/4 cup)
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegan mini chocolate chips divided
- Optional: Flaky sea salt to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large bowl add the first 3 ingredients and using an electric mixer, whisk until combined.
- Add the coconut cream, and mashed banana and whisk until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with baking soda and fine salt.
- Add the flour mixture over the wet ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine. Once the cookie dough is mixed up, it will be thick. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Scoop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared sheet pan about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centers have set.
- Sprinkle and gently press the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the warm cookies and allow them to cool on the sheet pan.