Garlic shrimp tossed in a delectable and light dressing, served with golden pasta. This Shrimp Spaghetti is the perfect weeknight meal that’s easy to make, delicious, and oh so satisfying. Have dinner ready in just 30 minutes with this easy pasta dish.
Shrimp Spaghetti is such a comforting pasta dish, perfect for busy weeknights! Plump, garlicky prawns nestle on a bed of spaghetti, bejeweled with bright red baby tomatoes and vibrant green spinach. It’s simple but loaded with flavor from the seasoned seafood broth. Bright, easy, filling, and so delicious! Don’t like shrimps? Make it with any other protein like chicken or salmon chunks.
If you’re after other shrimp recipes, why not also try my Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp or my Easy Shrimp Fajitas both also yummy.
why you’ll love this shrimp spaghetti
- An easy pasta recipe. Packed with flavor and only a few ingredients, this can be whipped up in less than 30 mins, with minimal cleanup!
- Perfect Shrimp. Quickly cooked shrimp with garlic and paprika, plump, juicy, and delicious!
- Well balanced. Pasta, protein, and veggies make this hearty and full of flavor.
ingredients you’ll need
- Spaghetti: Or you can use fettuccine.
- Prawns: Peeled and deveined
- Olive Oil
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Chopped.
- Veggies: Baby tomatoes and spinach.
- Tomatoes: Grape or plum tomatoes (any tomato you have handy will work)
- Garlic Cloves
- Smoked Paprika
- Seafood Broth
- Lemon Wedges (to serve)
how to make this shrimp spaghetti
- Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, add pasta and cook al dente. Rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Cook the broth: In a skillet with oil add garlic, then sun-dried tomatoes, smoked paprika, and broth. Cook until softened.
- Add the prawns and spinach: Add the prawns and spinach to the skillet and cook for about 3 mins.
- Combine with pasta: Add the pasta and toss well, until nicely coated.
recipe tips and faqs
- Use enough cold water so once the pasta begins to cook and expand, there’s lots of room for the noodles to move freely.
- You want the water to be hot before cooking the noodles properly. Noodles that are added too soon will be soggy not properly cooked.
- As soon as you drop your pasta in the water, stir it. This stops the pasta from sticking together,
- A pair of tongs is very handy for tossing your pasta and shrimp.
what’s the best pasta for this shrimp pasta?
I’ve gone with spaghetti but you can go for fettuccine if you like. Long pasta works great. But this recipe certainly can work with other pasta shapes, rotini and fusilli are great choices too. You could also go with a vegetable noodle-like zucchini noodles for a healthier take on this Shrimp Spaghetti recipe. what to serve with this shrimp pasta.
What to serve with shrimp spaghetti
This is a great meal on its own, but you can amp it up with some roast vegetables like this brussels sprouts recipe, asparagus, or zucchini. You can also serve with some whole wheat garlic bread or rolls.
A fresh peppery arugula salad or this black bean tabbouleh salad would complement this Shrimp Spaghetti really well too.
can I freeze shrimp spaghetti?
Properly stored, cooked shrimp will last for 3 to 4 days in the fridge. If you want it to last longer, you can freeze it for up to 6 months. Freeze in covered airtight containers or freezer bags. You can also wrap with aluminum foil or freezer wrap.
other delicious pasta recipes
- Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Pasta
- Creamy Wild Mushroom Pasta
- Lemon Dill Salmon Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Cheeseburger Pasta
- Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe
- Vegetarian Pasta Salad
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Shrimp Spaghetti Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti
- 8 oz Fettuccine or spaghetti whole wheat, or whole grain
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4-6 Garlic cloves crushed
- 4 oz Sun-dried tomatoes chopped about 1/4 cup
- 2 cups Baby plum tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 cup Fish or seafood broth or vegetable broth
- 1 lb. Raw Shrimps peeled and deveined
- 2 cups Packed baby spinach
- Lemon wedges to serve with
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and stir well. Cook until al-dente according to package instructions. Once done, drain and rinse the pasta well with the cold water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add crushed garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, plum tomatoes smoked paprika, and broth. Reduce the heat to low and cook until tomatoes are slightly softened about 5 minutes
- Add spinach and prawns; cook stirring frequently until prawns are cooked through and spinach is wilted for about 3 minutes.
- Add pasta and toss well until nicely coated with the sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Pasta: use any other pasta of choice
- Spinach: Can use any other leafy greens like arugula or kale
- Shrimp: use any other protein of choice
- Broth: seafood or veggie broth
Samantha Markun says
Oh my goodness this was amazing!! Tasted like it should be in a restaurant.
Glad you liked it!
Maryse Hegedus says
My boyfriend and I enjoyed the recipe but it wasn’t amazing. It’s good but not great.