These Roasted Brussels Sprouts are tossed with olive oil and garlic and roasted to tender, crispy perfection, then they’re topped with parmesan cheese. An easy, super tasty side dish that’s made with minimal ingredients and can be ready in just over 30 minutes!
Garlic Parmesan Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts are one of our favorite side dishes! They’re great for a holiday meal or an everyday dinner. In this effortless recipe, Brussels sprouts are tossed with oil and garlic; then oven baked till browned and perfectly tender, then they get topped with Parmesan cheese. Just a few ingredients yield a flavorful side that pairs wonderfully with a variety of entrees from baked chicken, steak, or salmon. You just can’t go wrong with this one!
Why you should make this recipe
- So tasty: Brussels sprouts can get a bad rap sometimes. If you don’t think you like them, it’s probably just because you haven’t had well-seasoned and properly prepared Brussels sprouts. This recipe is perfect for beginners! The addition of parmesan cheese really is so delicious!
- Super easy to make: You can hardly call this a recipe. Once you’ve made it a few times, you won’t need to look at the instructions at all. It’s super easy to throw together with very little hands-on time.
- Healthy: Brussels sprouts are an extremely nutritious vegetable! They contain antioxidants and are a great source of vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, and manganese. They’re also packed with fiber.
You only need 4 simple key ingredients to make this dish! Here’s the lineup:
- Brussels sprouts: You’ll need about 2 pounds, trimmed and cut in half. Look for dark green sprouts that are firm. Avoid buying sprouts that are yellow, shriveled, or have black spots. Smaller sprouts tend to be sweeter.
- Olive oil: Any type of olive oil or even avocado oil will work for roasting. It will help the seasonings adhere to the veggie and create that brown outside.
- Garlic: We recommend using fresh garlic in this recipe! It adds great flavor and gets crispy and caramelized from roasting in the oven.
- Salt & pepper: To bring out all of the delicious flavors!
- Grated Parmesan cheese: A generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese over the top after baking really takes these sprouts to the next level!
How to make this recipe
This is one of the easiest side dish recipes! Here’s the simple process:
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season: Place the trimmed and sliced Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, then thoroughly mix to combine and coat.
- Bake: Transfer the sprouts to your prepared baking sheet and spread them in an even layer, without overlapping. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway, or until the sprouts are tender and browned.
- Add parmesan cheese and serve: As soon as you’re done roasting, top with parmesan cheese and enjoy.
- If you can find them, try to purchase Brussels sprouts that are smaller in size. They tend to be sweeter and more tender.
- Buy fresh Brussels sprouts. We do not recommend using frozen Brussels sprouts for this recipe. With roasting, they will become mushy. Look for fresh veggies in the produce department. They are freshest when they are still on the stalk, so choose those, if possible.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in a similar size, so they cook evenly.
- Give them space. When adding the sprouts to the baking sheet, make sure they aren’t touching each other. This will give them each enough space to crisp up instead of steam.
Frequently asked questions
For really crispy sprouts, you need to roast them at high heat. Be sure to preheat the oven, so it is nice and hot before tossing it on your baking sheet. Roast at a minimum of 400°F.
Yes! We recommend cutting them in half because they cook faster and they are more flavorful since there’s more surface area that’s roasted and golden.
Some cooks choose to blanch them before roasting. We never blanch Brussels sprouts before roasting them and they turn out great!
These are perfect as a side for your holiday feast, but you can easily serve them as part of an easy weeknight meal. Here are some delicious pairing options:
- Easy Chicken Milanese
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Breast Skillet
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Mediterranean Baked Salmon
- Lemon Chicken Breast
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to about 3 to 4 days. You can reheat them on the stovetop, microwave them, or even throw them back in the oven until warmed through.
More healthy side dish recipes
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- Easy Maple Roasted Carrots
- Healthy Eggplant And Zucchini Gratin
- Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
- Easy Chickpea Feta Salad
- Cucumber Onion Salad
- Air Fryer Broccoli
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Garlic Parmesan Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lb Brussel sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the prepared Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, then thoroughly mix to combine and coat.
- Transfer the sprouts to your prepared baking sheet and spread them in an even layer, without overlapping.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway, or until the sprouts are tender and browned.
- As soon as you’re done roasting, top with parmesan cheese and enjoy.