This easy and healthy Chocolate Mug Cake recipe is made with almond flour and cooks in less than 2 minutes in the microwave. They are paleo, gluten-free, and so quick to make. A simple one serving mug cake recipe to curb your sweet tooth.
Always have a sweet tooth but don’t want to make a huge batch of chocolate cake? The perfect solution would be to make a simple one serving mug cake to curb your sweet tooth and not overindulge on a huge batch of chocolate cake. Plus, these are incredibly good with wholesome ingredients that can be whipped up in a total of 5 minutes. This recipe only needs about 1 and a half minutes in the microwave.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
You can certainly mix everything up in your mug and then add to the microwave. We prefer to mix first in a small bowl and then transfer into the mug before cooking in the microwave.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, granulated erythritol, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the wet ingredients: Next, add the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Transfer to mug: Spray a mug with non-stick spray and transfer the batter to the mug.
- Cook: Then, cook on high in the microwave for 1 ½ minute.
- Garnish: Finally, top with dairy-free coconut whip cream and sugar-free chocolate chips
How long to cook mug cake
A single serving mug cake recipe should take about 1-2 minutes at the most when cooked in the microwave.
Is Mug Cake healthy
Depending on what goes into your mug cake, some mug cakes are healthy yes. If the ingredients used are wholesome and clean, they will be healthy to enjoy occasionally without any guilt. For example, use healthier ingredients like almond flour and coconut flour instead of white flour.
What are mug cakes
Mug cakes are exactly what they sound like. Cake in a mug. Usually, they are single servings and relatively quick to make. They are cooked in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
We love hearing from you. If you are planning on making this delicious healthy dessert come back and give us some feedback in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to rate it and share it on social media with your friends and family.
Here are some other amazing dessert recipes to try:
- Easy Protein Fudge Brownies
- Healthy No-Bake Buckeye Balls
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Paleo Chocolate Mug Cake
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Erythritol
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ Tbsp Sugar-free Chocolate Chips optional
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, granulated erythritol, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Spray a mug with non-stick spray and transfer the batter to the mug.
- Cook on high in the microwave for 1 ½ minute.
- Top with dairy-free whip cream and sugar-free chocolate chip- optional