What’s not to love about these Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Muffins? It’s pretty safe to say everyone loves muffins. Especially chocolate! These muffins are moist, sweet and packed with flavor. They are great to have while on the go.
Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe
These Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Muffins were a huge hit at our house. The fun part of making these healthy muffins is adding vegetables to them! Yes, you read that right. I bet your kids will never guess that they have any veggies in them! Now you can have not just one but two or three of these for breakfast or as a snack. They are perfect for the morning when you are in a hurry to leave the house.
For this Chocolate Zucchini Muffins recipe, I loved using Dark chocolate Chips instead of plain milk chocolate. My kids have gotten used to everything dark chocolate at my house. The first time I made this I didn’t even mention they had Zucchini once they found out later they were totally ok with it. Using Coconut Oil instead of oil or butter in this recipe gives it a unique and delicious flavor.
How many zucchinis do you need to make 1 cup grated?
One medium zucchini will yield 1 to 1.25 cups grated Zucchini. For this Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe, use one large zucchini. Once grated it should be about 1.5 cups.
We love these Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Muffins recipe and I hope you love them too. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think.
Tag me on Instagram using my #healthyfitnessmeals hashtag. Feel free to also send me a DM with a picture of your retake.
Check out these other recipes:
- Healthy Pumpkin Chia Muffins
- White Chocolate Cranberry Granola
- Healthy No-Bake Buckeye Balls
- Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
How to make this Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Muffins recipe:
Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or low-calorie sweetener equivalent
- 1 5.3-ounce container vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. Stir until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the egg and sugar. Then stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are just combined - do not overmix.
- Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line the pan with paper muffin liners. Divide the batter among the 12 cups.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan for 3 minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack.