Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Chocolate zucchini muffins lightened up with whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt.
Servings 12 people
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or low calorie sweetener equivalent
- 1 5.3 ounce container vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. Stir until the ingredients are evenly combined.
In another medium bowl, mix together the egg and sugar. Then stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are just combined - do not overmix.
Fold in the grated zucchini.
Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line the pan with paper muffin liners. Divide the batter among the 12 cups.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the muffins.
Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan for 3 minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack.