Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Chocolate zucchini muffins lightened up with whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt.
Servings: 12 people
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or low calorie sweetener equivalent
- 1 5.3 ounce container vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. Stir until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the egg and sugar. Then stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are just combined - do not overmix.
- Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line the pan with paper muffin liners. Divide the batter among the 12 cups.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan for 3 minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack.