Try this Sheet Pan Steak with Kale Pesto recipe for dinner some time made with asparagus, potatoes, and freshly made kale pesto. This meal is perfect if you are in a hurry and no time to clean up after since its all made in one sheet pan!
Sheet Pan Steak with Kale Pesto
When in a hurry and you just need to make something quick and eat but yet delicious then try this Sheet Pan Steak with Kale Pesto recipe. Chop up your potatoes and celery, toss onto a sheet pan along with the steak and pop it in the oven. What’s even better is there won’t be much of a cleanup after since you only used the one sheet pan! Yay!
How to make the pesto for this Sheet Pan Steak with Kale Pesto recipe:
Making the kale pesto for this Sheet Pan Steak with Kale Pesto is optional if want to reduce the calorie count for this recipe. But I have to say that the pesto puts a nice touch to the outcome!
So, for the pesto, put the greens, olive oil, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for a minute or so until the ingredients are well combined.
Add the pine nuts and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice, and pulse a few more times until the nuts are incorporated. If you’d like a thinner pesto, add more olive oil in a slow, steady stream with the food processor running.
Taste the pesto and add salt, lemon juice, and/or freshly ground black pepper if desired.
If you make this Sheet Pan Steak with Kale Pesto I hope you like it as much as we do. You can make this recipe with chicken if you prefer a leaner meat. Please pin this recipe on Pinterest and share it if you loved it.
Hungry for more dinner recipes? Check these out below:
The full recipe for the Sheet Pan Steak below:
Sheet Pan Steak with Kale Pesto
- 1 1/2 Cups Lightly packed basil, cilantro, and/or parsley
- 4 Kale Leaves (stems removed), torn into pieces
- 1/2 Cup Extra virgin olive oil plus more as needed
- 1/3 Cup Pine nuts or almonds
- 1/2 Tsp Sea salt, or to taste
- 3 Tsp Lemon juice, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Steak and Vegetables:
- 1 lb Baby Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Flat Iron Steak Or steak of choice
- 1 lb Asparagus ends trimmed
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 15 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain, rinse with cold water and cut each potato in half.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the pesto. Put the greens, olive oil, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for a minute or so until well combined.
- Add the pine nuts and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice, and pulse a few more times until the nuts are incorporated. If you'd like a thinner pesto, add more olive oil in a slow, steady stream with the food processor running. Taste the pesto and add salt, lemon juice, and/or freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Preheat the broiler. Spread one tablespoon of the oil onto a large sheet pan and place it under the broiler to preheat for 2-3 minutes. Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- When the pan is preheated, add the steak in the center and the potatoes and asparagus around the edges. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil over the vegetables and season them with salt and pepper.
- Place the pan under the broiler for five minutes, then turn the steak over and gently stir the vegetables. Return the pan to the oven for 5-10 more minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and rest for five minutes, then slice across the grain. Serve the steak and vegetables with dollops of pesto.