Creamy Chicken Potato Bake – This easy baked creamy chicken breast recipe is so tender, juicy and easy to make. Tossed in with garlic, Italian herbs, and then baked to perfection.
Easy Creamy Chicken Potato Bake Recipe
This easy to make chicken and potato bake recipe is loaded with flavor, tender, and so juicy. Chicken breast pan-seared first with some Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Then comes the creamy sauce that’s added to it to give it a creamy robust flavor, tossed in with baby potatoes and baked in the oven to perfection. This easy chicken recipe will be a meal that the whole family will enjoy whether you make it for lunch or dinner.
How long do you bake chicken at 375?
Typically, chicken breasts baked in the oven will take about 20-25 minutes if baked at 375 degrees. Or when a digital thermometer reads 165 * F. If the chicken breast is pan-seared for a few minutes before placed in the oven to bake, it will take about 15-20 minutes. Chicken with bone included will take longer to bake. Times may also vary based on the individual ovens.
Can you cook raw chicken in the oven?
You can certainly cook raw chicken in the oven without pan-searing the chicken first. A Chicken breast baked at 350 degrees should take about 20-25 minutes. If your oven is set at a higher temperature it shouldn’t take as long. If chicken is overcooked or baked for too long it will dry out.
Is it better to cook chicken slow or fast?
It is much better to cook the chicken at a slower pace. This will yield tender and juicer chicken. If you are in a hurry you could certainly pan sear chicken fast but the chicken may tend to be on the dry side. When cooking chicken over a pan, start off cooking the chicken at medium-high heat for a couple of minutes on each side. Reduce heat, cover and let it simmer slowly for 10-15 minutes. This will allow the chicken to be tender and juicy.
Making this creamy chicken bake recipe?
I would love to know what you thought of this Easy creamy chicken potato bake. Drop me a comment below with your feedback. Also, please don’t forget to tag me on Instagram so I can see your make.
Here are more easy chicken recipes you can check out for more inspiration:
- Easy Creamy Garlic Chicken Skillet
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Skillet With Asparagus
- Mediterranean Chicken
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Grilled Chicken with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa
- Mexican Grilled Chicken Bowl
- Mexican Chicken Soup
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Creamy Chicken Potato Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Creamy Chicken Potato Bake
- 1½ lb Boneless chicken breast with skin on cut in halves, or skinless
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp Oil or Ghee
- 16 oz Baby Potatoes halved or quartered
- 2 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill fresh
- 1 Tsp Chili flakes or to taste
For the Creamy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1 Tbsp Gluten-free flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken generously with salt, pepper, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning and chili flakes.
- Add Olive oil or Ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side, then set aside on a plate.
- Next, we'll make the creamy sauce. In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of oil or ghee, then add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add in chicken broth, oregano, and basil.
- Add a bit of water to the greek yogurt to make it is more watery. Then add to the skillet. Bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the flour with 2-3 Tbsp water until well combined. Add this mixture to the creamy sauce into the pan.
- Continue to simmer until sauce thickens stirring frequently. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the seared chicken into the baking dish, then add potatoes and pour over the sauce.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs and enjoy!
Made it for tonight dinner, really delicious, everyone enjoyed , I added a bunch of shopped coriander to server.
Thanks Rena for all your delicious recipes.
So Glad you loved it.