Vanilla Berry Smoothie Bowl Recipe – Thick and creamy berry protein smoothies served in a bowl, topped with fresh fruit and granola. Easy to make breakfast to kickstart your morning the right way.
Easy High Protein Vanilla Berry Smoothie Bowls Recipe
Tired of having the same breakfast every day and just want to change things up? Smoothie bowls are the perfect way to do so while satisfying your sugar cravings. Make a Berry Smoothie Bowl recipe that’s going to be high in protein and packed with all sorts of nutrients to jumpstart your morning. Filling and delicious breakfast that you can’t go wrong with.
Want to skip on the protein? Go right ahead. You may use about a tablespoon of flax seed instead or not at all.
What is a smoothie bowl
A smoothie bowl is just what it sounds like. A smoothie in a bowl. one you eat mostly using a spoon instead of sipping through a straw with your typical smoothie in a cup. Smoothie bowls are also topped with all sorts of goodies. This is where you can get creative with what toppings you can add. Go with more whole fruits, nuts like shaved unsweetened coconuts, almonds or peanuts.
Do you need ice in a smoothie?
Depending on whether you use frozen fruits will determine if you need to add ice to your smoothie or not. Ice may make the smoothie thicker and colder if you use fresh fruits. If you are using frozen fruits instead there won’t be any need to add ice since blending frozen fruits will automatically make the smoothie thick and cold.
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe? Have one you would like to share with me? Leave me a comment below with your recipe and your thoughts on this Vanilla Berry Smoothie recipe.
More healthy treats and breakfasts to check out:
- Easy Papaya Fruit Breakfast Boats
- Strawberry Parfaits Recipe
- High Protein Berry Frozen Yogurt
- Keto Deviled Eggs
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Roasted Berry Smoothie Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Vanilla Berry Smoothie Bowls
- 2 Cups Frozen mixed berries
- 1 Banana sliced
- 1 ½ Cups Almond milk or skim milk
- ½ Cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 Scoops Whey Protein vanilla flavor
- Low-calorie sweetener to taste (optional)
- 1 Cup Fresh berries such as raspberries, blueberries and/or strawberries
- ¼ Cup Low-fat granola
- Place the berries, banana, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and protein concentrate in the blender and blend until a thick and smooth mixture forms. You may need to add a bit more of the milk to thin to desired consistency.
- Taste and add sweetener if desired.
- Divide the smoothie evenly between two bowls and top with fresh berries and granola. Serve immediately.