Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe – made with cranberries, pecan, and feta cheese! This dish is the ultimate recipe to add to your dinner table this holiday season. The sweet and savory taste of this butternut squash recipe will leave you wanting more!
Thinking of making this Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe?
Well, think no further my friends. When I say this is the ultimate fall recipe I am almost certain you will love the flavor of this Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe. This recipe is loaded with flavor. Think sweet and savory, the added toasted pecan flavor and the tanginess of the cranberries. Did I get your attention yet?
So, it’s hard to resist not grabbing a couple of those squash morsels and popping some in your mouth I know! This Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe is easy and fun to make. I love how colorful it is.
Anyhow, after you bake the squash its time to add those pecans and pop back in the oven for another 2-3 minutes to toast the pecans.
Some of you may not have fresh thyme handy so feel free to use some fresh parsley. If you don’t like feta cheese you can use some other crumbles cheese like blue cheese. I love feta cheese because in this butternut squash recipe it just pairs well. Or maybe it’s just what my taste buds like. You can get creative. Use what you have.
Plan on making this Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe? Please come back and let me know what you think and if you liked it! Your comments matter to me. I would also like to know if you altered it a bit and if so what you used.
Hungry for more?
Try these other popular recipes for the holidays or any day of the year really:
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Honey Roasted Squash recipe is below:
Honey Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash (~3lbs) peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Coconut or Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Raw Pecans
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Thyme to garnish
- Sea Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix cubed squash with garlic, cinnamon, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well to get all coated.
- Add the squash to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 20-25 minutes on the center rack.
- Once the squash is fork tender and golden brown on the sides, sprinkle with pecans and return to the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and stir in dried cranberries, feta and honey. Then mix them all together
- Garnish with fresh thyme and enjoy!