This Zucchini Enchilada Roll-Ups Recipe is low in carbs, easy to make, so ridiculously delicious and healthy! Skip the tortilla and slice up some zucchini instead to make this comforting low carb dinner that the entire family will enjoy.
Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada Roll-Ups
Here is a delicious easy low carb recipe for you that you would want to have at least once a week! Skip the tortilla and make this Chicken Enchilada Roll-Ups using Zucchini instead. This is a recipe that the whole family can enjoy and feel good about knowing that it’s low in carbs without missing out on any flavor. Skip the tortilla for this enchilada recipe and slice up that zucchini instead.
How do you roll enchiladas?
For this zucchini enchilada recipe, place the sliced zucchini on a flat surface and line it up straight. Place a small amount of the chicken stuffing towards the beginning of the sliced zucchini. Starting from the edge of sliced zucchini closest to filling, fold in and start rolling carefully so the zucchini does tear off or rip. Roll all the way through, pick up with fingers and place on a dish.
What should I put in my enchiladas?
Enchiladas are stuffed with whatever meat you choose. Usually, the most common meats used are ground beef or chicken. For the stuffing, you can add jalapeno peppers, cheese, onions, tomatoes, and enchilada sauce. Garnishes for enchiladas can be, more cheese, cut up tomatoes, jalapenos, avocados, onions, sour cream (also known as crema Mexicana) and fresh cilantro!
How do you shred chicken?
Firstly, it’s easiest to poach/boil the chicken. It is best to use boneless chicken breasts when planning on shredding chicken. Once the chicken is cooked through and still moist, place in a bowl and shred. You can use a cake mixer or your plain old fingers will do. You can also full the chicken apart using 2 forks.
Making this Zucchini Chicken Enchilada recipe?
I get super happy when you share your remakes of my recipes. If you do happen to take a picture of this zucchini enchilada recipe please share them with me. I would love to get some feedback in the comments below. The best part is when you guys take a moment out of your time and give my recipes a rating. That means a lot!
In case you missed these other great recipes, check them out below:
- Pesto Shrimp Zoodles
- Honey Sesame Chicken
- Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Salmon Tacos With Corn Salsa
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Low Carb Zucchini EnchiladaRecipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Low-Carb Zucchini Enchilada Recipe:
Low Carb Zucchini Enchiladas
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Zucchini
- a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 2 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1 Cup Red Enchilada Sauce
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Medium Onion finely diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper finely diced
- 1 Jalapeño diced
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (low fat) divided
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Lime juiced
- Preheat the oven to 400 ̊F, and lightly spray a baking dish with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl add enchilada stuffing ingredients. Mix well to combine, then set aside. Using a peeler, peel slices of zucchini vertically. Chop and freeze the remaining zucchini for broth or soups.
- On a working surface, add 2 slices of zucchini, spread about 2 tablespoons of the mixture, then roll into a spiral.
- Place into the prepared dish, Repeat with remaining zucchini slices until all the enchilada stuffing is used.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy!