These Banana Protein Donuts are healthy, fun to make, protein-packed and topped with a delicious chocolate glaze. Makes about 18 mini donuts or 9 regular sized donuts. Perfect guilt-free dessert recipe.
Banana Protein Donuts
We really love donuts around here and honestly our favorite place to get donuts from is from Krispy Kreme. I do cave and get my kids some from there once in a while but most times we bake! We have so much fun baking these Banana Protein Donuts! My kids love the fact that protein is healthy and that they will be growing muscles from it. lol. Not kidding
We didn’t use any flour in this Banana Protein Donuts and I have to say I was impressed with the outcome. Trying to make super healthy desserts can be tricky. It takes a few tries and a few fail to get it to be just the way you want them to be.
I remember craving donuts when I was pregnant with the twins. You are probably thinking oh not a big deal but it was a big deal! I was eating 4 donuts a day and I assure you they weren’t the healthy kinds. Wish I was making these Banana Protein Donuts back then!
Making these donuts?
If you make these Banana Protein Donuts leave me a comment below and let me know what you think. Please also use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on Instagram so I can see your remake.
You can also try this easy Donut recipe: APPLE CIDER DONUTS
I have a few other treats for you to check out that I am sure you will like as well:
The Sprinkles on these protein Donuts were solely to make the kids happy and take prettier pics. Feel free to skip on the sprinkles or be creative with what toppings you would like to add on there.
How to make these Healthy Banana Protein Donuts:
Banana Protein Donuts
- 2 Bananas Very Ripe
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Almond butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil Melted
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a regular sized or mini donut pan with cooking spray.
- Place the bananas, eggs, almond butter and coconut oil in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the banana mixture in a bowl and stir in the coconut flour, protein powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Spoon the batter into each cavity of the pan - the batter should fill 2/3 of each donut shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes for mini donuts or 15-18 minutes for regular sized donuts, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then unmold the donuts and place on a cooling rack.
- Heat the cream in the microwave until very hot but not boiling, approximately 20-30 seconds. Add the chocolate to the hot cream and stir until smooth. Dip each donut into the chocolate and top with sprinkles.