These Apple Cinnamon Muffins are such a delicious treat that’s super moist, full of wholesome ingredients and high in protein. Make this for your whole family to enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
We are all so used to having banana muffins and its time to step out of our comfort zone and try different kinds of muffins. Even though we all love bananas, these Apple Cinnamon Muffins are to die for. It has so much flavor in them. Marc picks out the nuts so if you have picky eaters like me you can skip the nuts. I don’t skip them though because we all like nuts.
If you want to make these without the protein powder you can add about 1/4 cup of flour instead to this apple cinnamon muffins recipe. The whole idea of sometimes adding whey protein to some of my desserts recipes is solely so mommy doesn’t feel too guilty about eating more than one!
Making these Apple Cinnamon Muffins? I would like to know your thoughts on them! Leave me a comment below. I hate to sound like a broken record but I would like to see your remakes as well. Please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on Instagram so I can see your remakes and share them.
Try these other muffins: SKINNY CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
You may not have time to browse my blog for other yummy recipes so check out these recipes:
Lastly, I have to say, you can totally have these muffins for breakfast to jumpstart your day. Don’t think of them as just desserts. I am not a huge breakfast person so these muffins always come in handy when I am not in the mood for eggs and oatmeal.
How to make these Apple Cinnamon Muffins:
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 Cups white Whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein vanilla flavor
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar or low calorie sweetener equivalent
- 1 5.3 ounce Container vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil Melted
- 1 Cup Unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 ½ Cups Apples peeled and diced
- 1/3 Cup Walnuts Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, protein powder, and cinnamon. Stir until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the egg and sugar. Then stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are just combined - do not over mix.
- Fold in the apples and walnuts.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line the pan with paper muffin liners. Divide the batter among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan for 3 minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack.