This Tomato Bruschetta Bread recipe is simple to make and takes just about 20 minutes to make. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, snacks, or served as an appetizer for entertaining.
Simple but yet so flavorful! This tomato bruschetta recipe is the perfect snack, brunch, or appetizer recipe to serve anyone. Italian bread perfectly toasted with olive oil and garlic, then topped with a tomato mixture that’s made of fresh cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and parmesan cheese. Love balsamic vinegar? Drizzle some more balsamic glaze over this Tomato Brushetta bread. You would want to reach for seconds when you try this easy and healthy bruschetta recipe. This recipe can easily be made vegan by skipping the parmesan cheese or using vegan-friendly cheese.
Why you will love this bruschetta Bread recipe
- Easy and simple: It is very easy to make this delicious Tomato Bruschetta recipe. With just about 20 minutes, you can have it ready to serve.
- Tasty and flavorful: The fresh and tangy flavors of this bruschetta recipe would make you reach for more than one serving. So Good!
- Perfect for entertaining: Not sure what to serve your guests for appetizers? Look no further. This tomato bruschetta recipe will be a hit. Cut the bread serving size in half for easier sharing.
Ingredients you will need, tips, and substitutes
- Italian bread: if you have another bread you like that you would like to use, go right ahead and use it.
- Oil: olive oil works best for this tomato bruschetta recipe. Avocado oil is another option.
- Garlic: use fresh garlic cloves. Its what brings out the flavor. Using garlic powder wont cut it.
- Fresh Basil: we also highly recommend that you use fresh basil and not dried basil.
- Tomatoes: Cherry or grape tomatoes work best. They are crisp, sweet, and very flavorful. Another option is using vine-riped tomatoes. Chopped small.
- Parmesan cheese: freshly grate your own or use store-bought.
- Salt and pepper: Once you have all the tomato mixtire ingredients in teh bowl sprinkel some salt and pepper to your liking.
- Balsamic vinegar: Have a favorite brand? use it. Balsamic glaze is also fine to use.
How to make this tomato Bruschetta bread from scratch
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the slices of bread into it, making sure they don’t overlap.
In a small bowl combine the oil with garlic and basil. Baste each slice of bread with the garlic mixture.
Toast the bread in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all topping ingredients.
Remove bread from the oven and add spoonfuls of the topping salad. Serve immediately!
frequently asked questions
Tomato Bruschetta is just marinated tomatoes. The topping of the bruschetta is made of a mixture of tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and basil. Topped over toasted bread of choice ( baguette, Italian, rustic), and topped with parmesan cheese which can be optional.
Tomatoes for bruschetta should be small in size. Depending on the tomato you are using, chop into smaller sizes so the juices of the tomatoes combine well with the garlic and olive oil. Serves better this way.
Most likely, the tomato bruschetta is more on the cold side when prepared and mixed. You do not need to heat up this topping at all. Bruschetta can be served hot or cold and it comes down to your personal preference. The toasted bread may be on the warm side unless you use cold bread and serve it all cold. It all depends on what you decide to do and how you like it.
If you are chopping larger tomatoes and the skin is tough you may peel the tomato. We prefer to keep the skin on. As far as the seeds of the tomatoes, if your tomato is large with a lot of seeds and juice, it is best to remove the seeds to prevent the tomato mixture from being too watery and causing your bruschetta to be more on the soggy side. Especially if they have to sit for a bit because you are serving it as an appetizer to your guests.
Other appetizer recipes you may like
- Easy Marinated Tomatoes
- White Bean Tuna Salad
- Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Baked Brie with Pomegranate
- Homemade Hummus
- Cripsy Baked Broccoli
More easy and healthy recipes
- Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Beef Rump Roast
- Cucumber Avocado Feta Salad
- Easy Teriyaki Shrimp
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Garlic Tomato Bruschetta Bread
- 1 Italian bread or any baguette or rustic bread, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the slices of bread into it, making sure they don’t overlap.
- In a small bowl combine the oil with garlic and basil. Baste each slice of bread with the garlic mixture.
- Toast the bread in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all topping ingredients.
- Remove bread from the oven and add spoonfuls of the topping salad.
- Serve immediately!
- Servings size is one bread topped with the prepared garlic tomatoes
- Use any tomato of choice
- We recommend using fresh garlic and fresh basil
- Shred your own parmesan cheese or use store-bought
- You may use avocado oil instead of olive oil.
- Bread: you may use any bread of choice.