Chicken Broccoli recipe has never tasted better! All made in one pan, this keto chicken recipe is so packed with protein and fiber, loaded with flavor, so easy to make and ready in just about 20 minutes!
This Sriracha Chicken and broccoli recipe is a quick and easy one-skillet meal that can be put together in just 20 minutes for those busy weeknights dinners. Made with simple ingredients, it is so flavorful and low in carbs. We spiced it up by using Sriracha seasonings by The Fit Cook. It has a sweet and tangy flavor to it and blends so well with chicken, giving it a nice kick in the flavor department.
How to make Chicken and Broccoli
First, cut the chicken into chunks and add them into a bowl or dish. Place the seasonings over the chicken along with the olive oil, mix and set aside while you cut and cook the broccoli.
Time to cook the broccoli. You are wondering how to cook broccoli? There are two ways. Either place the whole broccoli head into boiling water for about 2-3 minutes and then cut them into florets, drain and set aside. Or cut the broccoli into florets first, then cook in boiling water for about 1-2 minutes. You don’t want to overcook the broccoli.
Remove the broccoli from boiling water and place it into a cool water bath to prevent them from continuing to cook.
In a non-stick skillet, add the chicken and cook for about 4-6 minutes over medium heat until cooked throughout. Mix occasionally.
Place the broccoli over the chicken. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer for another 3-4 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
What to serve with chicken and broccoli
This Keto chicken and broccoli recipe can be enjoyed as is or you can have the following with it:
- Noodles or Zoodles. To keep it low carb and keto, enjoy it with zoodles (spiralized zucchini)
- Quinoa or brown rice
- More grilled veggies
- Couscous or barley
- Cauliflower Mash
Can you freeze chicken and broccoli
Chicken and broccoli can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Place in an airtight container and once you are ready to eat again, remove the night before and place it in the fridge to defrost. You may also use the microwave to defrost and reheat before serving.
Is Chicken and Broccoli Healthy
Chicken and broccoli can be made healthy by using clean and healthy ingredients. Chinese chicken and broccoli takeout may not be as healthy as what you make at home knowing what goes into the meal you are preparing. Chicken and broccoli calories vary between 150-600 calories depending on how it is prepared and what it is served with.
We would love to know your thoughts on this spicy chicken and broccoli recipe. Leave us a comment below and tag us on social media. Also, don’t forget to share it with friends and family.
Other easy weeknight dinner ideas:
- Easy Lemon Asparagus Shrimp Recipe
- Zucchini Enchilada Roll-Ups
- Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- Honey Lime Salmon Recipe
- Easy Chicken Chili
- Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Sriracha Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Sriracha Chicken Broccoli Skillet
- 1 lb Chicken Breast skinless, boneless, cut into bite sizes
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Seasoning Blend I used the Fit Cook Brand
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the olive oil and seasonings along with salt and pepper. Mix and set aside while you cut and cook the broccoli.
- Cook broccoli for about 2 minutes. Remove the broccoli from boiling water and place it into a cool water bath to prevent them from continuing to cook.
- In a non-stick skillet, add the chicken and cook for about 4-6 minutes over medium heat until cooked throughout. Mix occasionally.
- Place the broccoli over the chicken. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer for another 3-4 minutes. Serve and enjoy.