This Slow-Cooker Beef Brisket recipe is made with very few ingredients with little prep time. Cooked in a delicious cranberry sauce and allowed to slow cook until perfectly tender and juicy.
Beef briskets are one of those comforting recipes that need to be cooked very slowly over many hours, so its best to give it plenty of time to slow cook until its perfectly tender and juicy. The fall-apart goodness of the brisket is worth the hours of the wait! You will get a juicy, tender, and flavorful brisket. This easy Slow cooker Beef brisket recipe is definitely a crowd-pleasing recipe that takes a few minutes to prep. They are full of amazing flavors!
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET
Using a sharp knife, carefully trim off any excess or lose pieces of meat.
Generously rub the brisket with salt and pepper.
Place the brisket into the bottom of the cooker.
In a small bowl, combine half the cranberry sauce, broth and tomato paste. Pour this mixture over the brisket.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until fork-tender that it falls apart.
Once finished cooking, remove the beef from the pot and using 2 forks to pull it apart. Add the pulled beef back into the cooking liquid together with remaining cranberry sauce, mixing well to combine. Then Serve.
If needed refrigerate the beef for up to 3 days. Reheat the beef just before serving and enjoy!
What is Beef Brisket
Brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or the lower chest of an animal. Its found below the cow’s first five ribs. It is a tough cut of meat and contains collagen and tendons which is why it is best when slow-cooked to break down these tendons. The result of a cut of brisket is well worth the time it takes to cook it.
Beef Brisket Calories
There are 44 calories in every 1 oz of beef brisket. Every ounce contains 6 grams of proteins, 2.1g of fat, and zero carbohydrates.
How to make or cook beef brisket
Beef brisket is a tough cut of meat, so it is best braised or slow-cooked for a long period of time to get the best results. The falling apart juicy and tender beef will be well worth the wait.
Some may opt to cook in the oven. This is also possible, you will need one hour for every one pound of brisket at a lower temperature of 275-300 F. Wrapping the brisket in either aluminum foil or roasting bag is a must. Finally, allow brisket to sit in the bag or foil for 30 minutes before serving.
How long to cook beef brisket
Briskets need a longer time to cook that most cuts of meat. Beef Brisket is a tough cut of meat with tendons and collagen which needs a long time to break down. It is best braised or slow-cooked. You will need about 8-10 hours of slow cooking using a crockpot or slow cooker depending on the size of the brisket.
What temperature is beef brisket done
If oven baking, you need to consider cooking it for 1 hour 15 minutes per one pound of brisket used. Using a thermometer measure the thickest part of the brisket until it reaches a temperature of 185 F. Then remove the foil and bake for another hour until it reaches a temperature of about 200 F.
What to serve with beef brisket
Most people like to serve brisket over buns, sandwiches, and tacos.
Here are a few other ideas and side dishes you can serve brisket with:
- Brown Rice or Quinoa
- Cauliflower rice
- Steamed veggies like asparagus and green beans
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Mash
What is a good rub for brisket
A variety of sauces and herbs would be great options to slather your brisket with. It depends on what flavors you would like to use. Salt and pepper would be a given first choice. Alternatively, here are some other options:
- Herbs like: Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, coriander, smoked herbs
- Sauces: BBQ, Steak sauces, Sweet and sour sauces, cranberry sauce
We vouch that this is the best beef brisket recipe ever and we hope you think the same once you give it a try. Please leave us some feedback in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to rate it and share it with friends and family.
Here are some other easy dinner recipe ideas to check out:
- Oven Roasted Maple Turkey Breast
- Chicken Alfredo Brussels Sprouts
- Low Carb Tuna Melt Zucchini Boats
- One Pan Cranberry Roasted Chicken Skillet
- Healthy Broccoli Shrimp Alfredo
- 15 minute Greek Pasta Salad
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Slow Cooker Briske Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Beef Brisket
- 3 lbs Beef Brisket have your butcher cut the fat cap off of the beef brisket
- 14 oz Cranberry Sauce one can
- 1 Cup Bone Broth or any broth
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- Using a sharp knife, carefully trim off any excess or lose pieces of meat. Generously rub the brisket with salt and pepper.
- Place the brisket into the bottom of the cooker. In a small bowl, combine half the cranberry sauce, broth and tomato paste. Pour this mixture over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until fork-tender that it falls apart.
- Once finished cooking, remove the beef from the pot and use 2 forks to pull it apart.
- Add the pulled beef back into the cooking liquid together with remaining cranberry sauce, mixing well to combine.
- If needed refrigerate the beef for up to 3 days. Reheat the beef just before serving and enjoy!
- Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.