This Skinny Turkey Gravy Recipe is rich, smooth and is going to be the perfect addition to your dinner table during the holiday season. Add it to chicken, turkey, dark meat or mashed potatoes. Make your own homemade gravy and skip the gravy mix packets.
Skinny Turkey Gravy Recipe
Your dinner table during the holidays will not be complete without gravy. This a healthier version made without butter or the fat from the Turley drippings. This Skinny Turkey Gravy Recipe is yummy and everyone will love it I promise. Whether you are serving dark meat or turkey this gravy recipe will be a great hit.
Make this Skinny Turkey Gravy Recipe with or without drippings:
Some of you may not want to use the turkey gripping for your gravy recipe and that’s fine. Even though this Skinny Turkey Gravy Recipe calls for one cup of drippings after the fat is removed from it, you can omit the drippings and just add one cup of Turkey or chicken broth.
To make this Skinny Turkey Gravy recipe without the drippings:
Place a saucepan over medium heat and add the 4-5 cups of broth. Bring to a simmer. Add in the garlic,
sage, and thyme. Bring to boil and add salt and pepper. Taste test for the salt if you used salted broth. You may not need to add salt.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk milk and cornstarch or whatever flour you are using until well combined.
Pour milk mixture into the stock, stirring slowly.
Continue to simmer and stir frequently until stock thickens about 3 to 5 minutes. The color of your gravy may be lighter since no drippings were used.
I want to hear what you think about this Skinny Turkey Gravy Recipe so please come back and leave a comment in the comments section below.
Looking for some more Thanksgiving or holiday-inspired recipes for your dinner table? Check these recipes out:
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash
- Garlic Roasted Mushrooms
- One Pot Cheesy Creamed Corn
- Healthy Eggplant and Zucchini Gratin
- Roasted Smoked Sweet Potatoes
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Skinny Turkey Gravy Recipe Below:
Skinny Turkey Gravy Recipe
- 1 Cup Turkey drippings from Pan
- 4 Cups Unsalted Stock chicken or turkey
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Sage finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Cup Milk dairy or non-dairy if necessary
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch, Whole Wheat Flour or gluten-free flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- After you roast the turkey, set the roasting pan with the turkey drippings on a medium-high heat on the stove-top.
- Add the stock to the pan, then stir and scrape any turkey bits from the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Strain and pour this gravy liquid into a bowl and place it in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes to let the fat float and harden to the top.
- Remove hardened fat with a spoon and place the stock into a saucepan. Add in the garlic, sage, and thyme.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer until the stock is reduced by 1/4, or until about 3 cups of stock remain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk milk and cornstarch until well combined.
- Pour milk mixture into the stock, stirring slowly.
- Continue to simmer and stir frequently until stock thickens about 3 to 5 minutes.