Blueberry Scones – An easy scone recipe that’s not only delicious they are also Paleo, Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free. They are perfect for breakfast, snack, tea time, or dessert.
Easy Gluten-Free Blueberry Scones Recipe
This is such an easy and delicious scone recipe that I am sure you will love. It will definitely be one of your favorite healthy dessert recipes of all time. The aroma coming out of the oven while these blueberry scones are baking will make your stomach grumble. They are so moist, juicy, bursting with flavor, gluten-free, paleo and dairy-free. What else could you possibly ask for?
Don’t like blueberries? Switch it out to your favorite fruit. Swap it with blackberries, strawberries, or raspberries.
Common questions about scones
How do you keep scones fresh overnight?
Make sure you cover the scones with foil or plastic wrap. Another alternative would be to place in an airtight container to preserve shelf life. If stored properly freshly baked sconed should last about 2 days at room temperature.
Do you need to refrigerate scones?
These blueberry scones don’t need to be refrigerated if they will be consumed within 1-2 days. They are perfectly fine covered with a plastic wrap at room temperature. Furthermore, if the scones contain any cream cheese or perishable ingredients it is safer to place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
How long do homemade scones stay fresh?
So, if stored at room temperature, homemade blueberry scones or any other scones should be good for 1-2 days. They will last about 3-4 days if they are stored in the fridge and reheated when ready to eat.
What is the best way to reheat scones?
The best way to reheat scones would be in the oven at 300 F for about 5-10 minutes. Prefer not to wait? They can be reheated in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
Trying this Blueberry scone recipe out?
Would love to get some feedback on this scone recipe if you give it a try. I hope you love it as much as we do. So, let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Check out these other amazing easy breakfast and dessert recipes that you might like:
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Vegan Chocolate Fudge
- Healthy Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- Blueberry Puffed Protein Pancake
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Blueberry Scones Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Scones
- 1 ½ Cup Almond Flour
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1 Large Egg Room temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- ⅓ Cup Unsweetened Coconut Shreds
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Oil
- ¾ Cup Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and a 9 inch round pan with parchment paper.
- Place the coconut on the baking sheet and bake for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, toasted coconut, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add your dry ingredients to your wet and stir until a dough forms.
- Fold in the blueberries and press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Use a knife to cut the disc into 8 scones. Serve.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Make sure your egg is up to room temp.
- Medium-sized berries work best, they hold their shape and don’t overwhelm any individual scone.
- If using frozen blueberries, no need to defrost them.
- Don't overwork the dough, as this can leave you with a tougher texture.
- Scones are best served warm.
- If you like, you can boost the flavor of the almond flour with some almond extract.
- This recipe is easily doubled.