Shrimp and Spinach Pasta – An easy shrimp recipe made with whole wheat pasta with tomatoes and fresh spinach. Topped with garlic flavored sauteed shrimp. Perfect for either lunch or dinner.
Easy Shrimp and Spinach Pasta Dinner or Lunch Recipe
A simple and easy pasta recipe that’s loaded with flavor and packed with sauteed garlic shrimp. This healthy shrimp pasta recipe is made with whole wheat pasta but can be made with lentil pasta or sway the pasta for zucchini noodles if you are looking for a low carb recipe.
Is it healthy to eat shrimp?
Nutrition-wise, shrimp are low in calories and loaded with nutrients. There are 84 calories in every 3 oz of shrimp. So, even though they are high in cholesterol, they have high amounts of protein with healthy fats. Shrimps are rich in vitamins and minerals, which would be omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Furthermore, there are many other health benefits of shrimps such as promoting heart and brain health.
What is the best substitute for pasta?
There are a few substitutes for pasta that will be a healthier option for those looking to lose weight and watching their carbs.
Here are a few options:
- Zoodles: Also referred to as zucchini noodles. Zucchini that is spiralized and used in place of noodles for a healthier and low carb option in place of pasta.
- Sweet potato noodles: Use spiralized sweet potatoes and an option to replace the wheat pasta.
- Spaghetti Squash: Once you cook spaghetti squash, which are usually round and yellow in color, use a fork to pull apart and get the squash noodles as an alternative.
- Cauliflower: Skip the pasta with some cauliflower rice instead.
- Other pasta: There are other healthier kinds of pasta out there now, look for lentil or chickpea pasta. I prefer lentil pasta.
Making this healthy Shrimp pasta recipe?
I would love to know what your thoughts are about this shrimp pasta recipe if you end up making it. Leave me some feedback in the comments section below. It would be awesome if you leave a rating as well. Ratings really help my blog!
Also, here are a few other easy and delicious recipes you can check out:
- Healthy Pasta Primavera Recipe
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- Shrimp Stuffed Avocado Recipe
- Mexican Grilled Chicken Bowl
- Hummus Quinoa Veggie Bowl
- Low Carb Burrito Zucchini Boats
- Szechuan Shrimp Stir Fry
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Shrimp and Spinach Pasta Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Shrimp and Spinach Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Pound Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tsp Garlic Minced
- 8 Ounces Whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 Tbsp Butter or olive oil
- ¼ Cup Chicken broth
- 2 Tsp Lemon juice
- 2 Cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Cups Baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the shrimp to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth and spinach to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the shrimp. Add the butter, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, and parsley, then toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.