This Sheet pan Baked Chicken and Veggies recipe is ideal for a quick and simple dinner recipe to serve the family. They are hassle-free because everything is cooked in one pan and so healthy and good for you.
Our favorite way to cook chicken breast is to roast or bake it in the oven with loads of veggies. You get tender, juicy, and flavorful chicken with each bite. Add more colorful veggies to your diet by incorporating them with your meals. The roasted veggies are tender and so tasty you would wish you baked more! Make this sheet pan chicken and veggies any day of the week and we are certain that everyone will love it. Serve with either spaghetti or rice or enjoy as-is for a light healthy dinner. They are also great for meal prepping if you like to cook and prep ahead. For a healthy carb option, toss in some sweet potato cubes to be baked in with those veggies. What a great way to enjoy a healthy, low-carb meal.
Why you will love this chicken and veggies recipe
- Light and healthy: No crazy and heavy on the calories ingredients used in making this sheet pan chicken recipe. Perfectly healthy and delcious to every single day if you like.
- Easy and simple: There arent going to be 20 steps to follow. Its truly simple to make this baked chicken and veggies recipe. Hassle-free meal.
- Great for meal prepping: If you meal prep, then this sheet pan chicken breast recipe is for you. No need to convince you futher.
Ingredients you will need for the roasted chicken breast and veggies
- Chicken Breast: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 medium-large breasts). If you prefer chicken thigh you may use chicken thighs.
- Seasonings: paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Oil: we used olive oil, but you may use any other oil of choice.
- Broccoli: usee fresh broccoli, or you may use frozen.
- Red bell peppers: if you have any of the other colors, you can use them instead.
- Onion: we used red/purple onion. Use any onion of choice
- Minced parsley
How to make this chicken sheet pan dinner
Preheat your oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Lay the chicken breast on the prepared pan and rub with the seasonings and half a tablespoon of olive oil.
In a large bowl, combine all the prepped veggies. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper and thoroughly toss to coat.
Arrange the vegetables around the chicken in the sheet pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside, and veggies are tender with a slight crunch. Allow the chicken to sit for a few minutes before slicing it.
Garnish with chopped parsley.
Frequently asked questions
It all depends on what you are baking? The temperature will vary based on what you are using like thighs or breasts, bone-in or boneless. Ideally, chicken is baked anywhere between 350F-450F for a period of at least 20 minutes and up to 45 minutes. The best way to check if the chicken is done and cooked through is to check the internal temperature until it reaches 165F.
A 4-oz piece of chicken baked at 350°F (177˚C) will need 25-30 minutes.
No. We prefer not to cover the chicken breast as it bakes. You want it to be browned and have that roasted look as opposed to boiled or steamed chicken. Leave it uncovered.
Do not overcook it! Simple as that. If you cook the chicken for too long over the recommended time, the heat will remove the moisture from the chicken and thus drying it out.
easy and healthy chicken recipes you may like
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Breast
- Sun dried Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Grilled Chicken and Kale Caeser Salad
- Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Parmesan Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family. Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Sheet Pan Baked Chicken Breast with Veggies
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless (about 2 medium-large breasts)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 small head of broccoli broken into florets
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 1’’ cubes
- 1 large red onion chopped into big pieces
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the chicken breast on the prepared pan and rub with the seasonings and half a tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all the prepped veggies. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper and thoroughly toss to coat.
- Arrange the vegetables around the chicken in the sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside, and veggies are tender with a slight crunch. Allow the chicken to sit for a few minutes before slicing it.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- You may use boneless and skinless chicken thighs. Nutritional values and cooking time will vary.
- Use any of your favorite veggies.
- The cooking time of the chicken may be different depending on your oven and how thick and large the chicken breasts are. Consider slicing the chicken breast so it cooks quicker or if you feel the chicken isn’t cooked thoroughly in 25 minutes, give it another 5-10 minutes.
- Best to check the internal temperature of the chicken for doneness. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165F.