Roasted Parmesan Carrot Fries are irresistible with browned crispy edges and perfectly soft centers! Toss the hot fries with grated parmesan and serve with aioli or ketchup. The best snack or side dish to serve with almost any meal!
These Roasted Parmesan Carrot Fries are the perfect alternative to classic French fries, and when they’re tossed with parmesan cheese they are slightly addicting. They are simple to make from scratch, and every bite is just SO good. Serve them up with any favorite dipping sauce as an appetizer, snack, or as a healthy side dish with dinner.
Why you should make this recipe
- Wonderful flavor: Just salt, pepper and parmesan cheese makes these carrot fries taste simply delicious!
- Perfectly crispy: These come out nice and crispy on the outside with tender, soft centers.
- Healthy fries: What a great way to get in extra veggies! These are filled with nutrients, and they’re baked not fried, making them a healthier alternative to regular fries.
- Easy: Once you’ve peeled and chopped the carrots, this recipe is effortless. Only 5 ingredients, including salt and pepper!
For this carrot fries recipe, you only need simple ingredients for a wonderful taste. Here’s everything you’ll need to make them:
- Carrots: We’re using 2 pounds of large carrots. Baby Carrots won’t work as well.
- Oil: We like to use avocado oil or olive oil. This will ensure the seasoning sticks and also help the fries crisp up.
- Kosher salt & black pepper: To enhance the flavor.
- Parmesan cheese: Use freshly shaved or grated parmesan cheese for the best taste.
How to make this recipe
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Peel and cut the carrots into 1/4-inch thick fries. Place them on the prepared sheet pan.
- Season & roast: Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Use your clean hands to toss until evenly coated, then arrange in a single layer. Use 2 sheet pans if needed, so the fries have some space in between to evenly roast.
- Add parmesan cheese: Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and roast for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until tender and golden-brown.
- Cutting the fries: Evenly slice the carrots into carrot sticks, so they all cook at the same rate.
- Don’t overcrowd the fries: Make sure they are spread evenly on a single layer so they all cook evenly. It may be necessary to use 2 pans or cook in batches.
- Line your pan: Line the baking tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Spread the carrot fries in a single layer.
- Allow to cool: Let these cool for 5 mins after removing them from the oven, this will make them crispier!
- Different seasonings: Feel free to experiment with different cheese varieties and different seasonings. You may add some chili powder, onion powder, or garlic powder. For a spicy kick, sprinkle on some chili flakes after baking.
- Using an air fryer: Instead of the oven you can air fry these carrot fries in batches using your air fryer. Place in a preheated air fryer at 350F for 18-20 minutes. Open halfway and shake the basket. Or at 400F for 10-15 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
While potatoes do contain nutrients, carrots are super nutritious and loaded with powerful antioxidants. When compared with potatoes, carrots are lower in calories and carbs. These are also baked, not fried. They are really quite healthy, but taste like an indulgent treat!
For one large serving, there are 23 grams of carbs, 177 calories, 6 grams of protein and 8 grams of fat. See the recipe card for more nutrition information.
Yes! Cook them at 400ºF for around 10 minutes. Remove the basket and give it a quick shake tossing in the parmesan. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until crispy and tender on the inside. For best results, be sure to cook them in a single layer, which may need to be done in batches.
These parmesan carrot fries are delicious and served with your favorite dipping sauce, or serve them as a side dish. Here are some of our favorite pairing options:
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Blackened Salmon
- Beef Kafta
- Sheet Pan Turkey Breast
- Maple Pecan Salmon
- BBQ Chicken Breast
- Grilled Chicken Kafta
- Authentic Chicken Tawook
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to about 3-4 days. To reheat, place in the air fryer at 360°F for 1-2 minutes or in a toaster oven. You can also reheat in the microwave but they will not crisp up as well.
More carrot recipes
- Easy Maple Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
- Sweet Potato Carrot Soup
- Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Healthy Carrot Muffins
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Roasted Parmesan Carrot Fries
- 2 lb large carrots
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the carrots into 1/4-inch thick fries. Place them on the prepared sheet pan.
- Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Use your clean hands to toss until evenly coated, then arrange in a single layer. Use 2 sheet pans if needed, so the fries have some space in between to evenly roast.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and roast for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until tender and golden-brown.