This Bang Bang Shrimp recipe is the healthier version of the classic bang bang shrimp recipe without missing out on taste. This makes for an easy shrimp dinner recipe that’s low in carbs and is ready in 20 minutes!
Love pasta and want to make some bang bang shrimp pasta? I have the right solution for you! This bang bang shrimp dinner recipe that’s made with zucchini noodles instead of pasta to make it a low carb guilt-free option! It is super easy to make and can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
Transform your favorite appetizer shrimp recipe into a complete and healthy meal for dinner or lunch! They are also perfect if you would like to meal prep for a few days. The best part about this healthy and low bang bang shrimp recipe is that they aren’t fried!
How to make this low carb bang bang shrimp
Making this bang bang shrimp is quite easy. If you would rather serve this meal with whole-grain pasta go right ahead. Quinoa and veggies will also be a great option.
What you need to do:
If you are making this with zucchini noodles, spiralize them first, sprinkle a bit of salt on them and allow it to drain in a colander on sink or place over a paper towel. Also, if you didn’t know, zucchini contains loads of water and you can get rid of most of it by adding a bit of salt to it and letting it sit.
In the meantime, we will be cooking the shrimp. Add oil in a skillet along with the garlic, then add the shrimps with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add in the zoodles, along with the bang bang shrimp sauce (see below), toss for about 1-2 minutes and serve. Finally, you can garnish with fresh chopped parsley or some chili peppers.
How to make the bang bang shrimp sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Hot sauce (like sriracha)
- Chili Paste
- Lime or lemon juice
In a small bowl, add all the ingredients above and mix well until combined.
WHAT IS BANG BANG SHRIMP
Bang bang shrimp is a crispy shrimp delicacy that is fried and then coated with a sweet and spicy sauce. The sauce is prepared with mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce or paste, and some hot sauce like sriracha. It is a popular recipe served at some restaurants as an appetizer and there have been many different versions of this recipe on the web.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BANG BANG SHRIMP
In this bang bang shrimp recipe we incorporated some veggies with it by adding zucchini noodles to get a complete and nutritious healthy meal. If you arent making this bang bang shrimp with zoodles, there are other options you have for sides. Try serving it with some quinoa, add over salad, have it with some roasted veggies, whole wheat pasta, roasted sweet potatoes, and some fried rice.
IS BANG BANG SHRIMP KETO
Classic bang bang shrimp is made with some sort of breading and then fried. To make it keto-friendly, you would have to skip on the breading as I did with my recipe here or use a low carb breading option like a combination of almond flour and parmesan cheese.
If you make this recipe and love it, please leave me some feedback in the comments below. Also, I would love to see your remakes so if you happen to take a pic of this please tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
Other easy and low carb (keto) recipes to try soon:
- Low carb Turkey Burgers With Zoodles
- Grilled Honey Lemon Shrimp
- Creamy Garlic Tuscan Shrimp Skillet
- Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
- Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna Boats
- Low Carb Burrito Zucchini Boats
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Bang Bang Shrimp Zoodles
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Ghee can also use avocado or olive oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1½ lb Raw Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 Medium Zucchini spiralized
- ½ Tsp Chili Flakes to garnish
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley to garnish
For the sauce:
- ⅓ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Chili Paste Thai chili sauce
- 1½ Tbsp Honey
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- In a small bowl add all sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Melt butter (or if using oil, add oil ) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add shrimps and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until pink and cooked through. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Add in the zoodles and sauce together with the cooked shrimp and toss well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste, then divide among 4 glass containers. Garnish with chili flakes and fresh chopped parsley.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. Enjoy!